Victory's Power Mac G5 Gaming PC Build

Victory

A 2nd 780 Ti has just been installed and I'm just waiting on the arrival another 16GB of RAM (should arrived today.)

Will update the OP and then I'm off to see what frames I can get on Battlefield 4! :D

| Victory's Custom Power Mac G5 Gaming PC Build |
Case: Custom Power Mac G5 (black) | GPU: NVIDIA EVGA GTX 780Ti 3GB SuperClocked | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-2133Mhz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H | Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K @ 3.5GHz | PSU: Corsair AX860i

I love your setup!  I'm running a Hackintosh and game on Win 7.  I especially love your G5 case and your monitor!!  You should hopefully get around 100 fps if not higher.  Any plans for a custom water loop?

What Mobo tray did you use?  The Hive one from the UK?  I have an old G5 that needs some new hardware and would love a link to the one you used.

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

I love your setup!  I'm running a Hackintosh and game on Win 7.  I especially love your G5 case and your monitor!!  You should hopefully get around 100 fps if not higher.  Any plans for a custom water loop?

What Mobo tray did you use?  The Hive one from the UK?  I have an old G5 that needs some new hardware and would love a link to the one you used.

Thanks.  :)  Now I've installed my 2nd 780 Ti I'm almost guaranteed 100+ fps. At the moment, I don't plan on adding a custom water loop (nor am I sure I'd have the space to do so) but it might be something I look into doing in the future.

I used a motherboard tray from a company called MountainMods. It was a bit of a pain to get it shipped into the UK (because I had to pay import fees - which delayed it arriving and bumped up the cost) but it's a very study tray and has a great finish (as I ordered the Anodize black version). If you're putting one inside the G5, I believe you have to choose the 2x80mm fan exhausts becuase the 120mm is too large - I went with the 2x80mm fans one anyway.

Hope that helps.

Victory 

| Victory's Custom Power Mac G5 Gaming PC Build |
Case: Custom Power Mac G5 (black) | GPU: NVIDIA EVGA GTX 780Ti 3GB SuperClocked | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-2133Mhz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H | Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K @ 3.5GHz | PSU: Corsair AX860i

• 3 years later...

Hello Victory ,

My name is Charles Abrokwah and  i want to ask if you have the information of the modding for the Powermac g5. If so do you have the website ??

Kindley regards ,

Charles.