AT ATH-m40x? Confused?

duckypath
Go to solution Solved by Jodomcfrodo,

Most of it was actually here. It seems the audio forum is split, and I am not sure who to believe.

Most people saying how there are better options for $100. (If there is I would like to know)

Edit: So they are good value from what I see. How do they compare to the m30s?

I own a pair of M50's which are very good. M40x's are great for the money. I don't know who disagree's with that. I've tried them a they sound good, not as good as my M50's, but good.

Made a topic on here recently and was recommended the m40xs. Did a little more research and have been seeing people calling them a bad value. My question is, are they a good value for $100 or is there another pair of headphones that would be better?

With that said, what do you think of the m40xs vs the m30xs. Disregarding the features. Audio quality and comfort are top priority.

P.S. On phone, replies might be slow. Thank you

They are good for the money, they offer VERY accurate sound. Here's a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udLoAV7YmjA

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Most of it was actually here. It seems the audio forum is split, and I am not sure who to believe.

Most people saying how there are better options for $100. (If there is I would like to know)

I own a pair of M50's which are very good. M40x's are great for the money. I don't know who disagree's with that. I've tried them a they sound good, not as good as my M50's, but good.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Okay, my questions have been answered. Was just worried since. Am ordering tonight, and don't want to go through the trouble of returning. Thanks all.

Okay, my questions have been answered. Was just worried since. Am ordering tonight, and don't want to go through the trouble of returning. Thanks all.

Hope you like them! 

TBH, it's kinda hard to base a judgment on other people's reviews/words. While there are general consensus on bad buys (like beats), stuffs like the M40x would most probably got a split decision. This guy prefer m40, that guy prefer m50, the guy over there prefer sennheiser, and so on. It's because like food, audio is each individual's preferences. For example, Beyer's top of the line are the T series, most exclusive, most pricey. None of the Ts appeal to me. Tried the T1, T5p, and T70. They sound good, but not my preference, thus automatically they're a bad buy for me, but for me alone. 

Best way is to try them on yourself.

Before, the M50s used to be ~$100 so they were a great deal, but the price went up so their price/performance isn't too decent now. However, they're still really a really nice set of cans, and the M40x takes that and changes a few things to make it more affordable. There might be some other alternatives out there, but the M40x is still a very strong choice