Gaming Monitor

SKVizionz

I am thinking about getting some kind of gaming monitor for my pc that im gonna build. I would prefer to have the monitor be 2k but 4k is great. Even a 1080p monitor is fine. My budget is around 500 for a monitor, so if anyone knows where to get a good monitor for cheap is then post a link down below. I would like for it to be at least 120hz. And a response time of less than 2ms. Thanks for your time and bye.

XL2411Z is perfectly fine, XL2420Z if you want swag, XL2430T if you want more swag.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

What gpu(s) will be pushing the monitor?

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

An Intel i5 4690k or a athlon x4 850k or an amd 6300. I'm trying to choose between those 3

An Intel i5 4690k or a athlon x4 850k or an amd 6300. I'm trying to choose between those 3

The i5 is much better!

Hey this isn't my regular forum, but I have some relevant personal experience in 60hz vs 144hz gaming.

I have 2 x different high end monitors on my PC that I primarily use for gaming.  The LG 34" 21:9 and the Asus ROG PG278Q (27" @ 144hz + g-sync).  Have tested them back to back in the same game.

Short answer:

Speed is life in competitive online shooter games.  I get considerably more kills in BF4/Heroes and Generals with the Asus @ 144hz / g-sync.  

In slower titles, GuildWars 2, Wargame Red Dragon, or off line games, Fallout New Vegas, Wasteland 2, the colors and the extra real estate of the LG simply make it an amazing experience.  

I know this isn't directly helpful to OP since both of these monitors are over budget, but I just want to confirm from personal experience of a guy who was always skeptical that anything over 60hz was even worthily, well, it IS.  In certain games, that is.

(full report here)

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1834794

*CPU:  Intel 5960x @ 4.0 ghz on Corsair H80i WaterCool Unit

*Mobo:  Asus Rampage V Extreme
*RAM:  32 GB DDR4 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws4@2400
*Graphics:  2 x EVGA GTX 980 SLI
*Monitor:  LG 34UC97 curved 34" 3440 x 1440 @ 60hz
*Storage A:  Samsung XP941 Windows 8.1
*Other: 2 x Seagate 7200 RPM 6TB Raid0, 2 x V-Raptor 1.0TB Raid0, 1 x Crucial M4 512MB, 1 x Hitachi 4TB 
*Case/PSU:  Lian Li PC-V750 + Corsair AX1200i PSU + Windows 8 Pro 64-bit