Blasphemy!

So our team recently did this under the request of our adviser...

12f570c4f1.jpg

It's working well so far...

It's pretty common.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

'kay

I'm pretty sure this is common.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Eh, my parent's Macbook Pro is running Windows 7. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Call me ignorant, but I taught Apple allowed you to install Windows on your Macs for years now. 

EDIT: Yeah, wasn't sure if I remembered correctly so I checked. It's called Boot Camp. It was released in 2006 and I remember being all like "Good for you Apple, I tip my hat"

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

It is a preferable set-up. The macbook air is awesome hardware in such a small form factor and mac os isn't as convenient or compatible as windows so....

Is it worth it?

According to our adviser, yes...

Her old MacBook broke a few moths back and when she got the quote for repairs, the cost is just a few thousand PhPs (1USD = ~45PhP) short of that device up there...

Win8 was provided by the university, so she didn't have to spend a single cent on that...

According to our adviser, yes...

Her old MacBook broke a few moths back and when she got the quote for repairs, the cost is just a few thousand PhPs (1USD = ~45PhP) short of that device up there...

Win8 was provided by the university, so she didn't have to spend a single cent on that...

Oh. Still don't see why you'd get an Apple product to put windows on it, but oh well.

There's this thing called Boot Camp.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

What's the issue here? 

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Oh. Still don't see why you'd get an Apple product to put windows on it, but oh well.

If OP can confirm, the laptop likely still has OSX on it, so it can be used that way if needed when not using anything on Windows 8.

The person may have needed Windows 8 for a set of applications that run better on W8 than OSX?

Then there's the whole: it's their laptop, they can do whatever they want with it. Many people would question why you would spend hundreds of dollars on gaming hardware, but you don't care because that's what you want.

Oh, so you took an apple product and made it actually useful, good on you.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Oh, so you took an apple product and made it actually useful, good on you.

Myself including a lot of other people would consider this less useful, but seeing as you're a gamer that doesn't really care about Unix...

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Myself including a lot of other people would consider this less useful, but seeing as you're a gamer that doesn't really care about Unix...

I care more about compatibility with most of the rest of the world. There's a reason most businesses use windows instead of IOS.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

If OP can confirm, the laptop likely still has OSX on it, so it can be used that way if needed when not using anything on Windows 8.

The person may have needed Windows 8 for a set of applications that run better on W8 than OSX?

Then there's the whole: it's their laptop, they can do whatever they want with it. Many people would question why you would spend hundreds of dollars on gaming hardware, but you don't care because that's what you want.

Time to spill the beans...

It's running on Virtualbox... Amazingly smoothly at that...

Our adviser needed both Unix and some development software on Windows...

I care more about compatibility with most of the rest of the world. There's a reason most businesses use windows instead of IOS.

Well in that case you'll be pleased to note that OS X includes several dozen languages preinstalled so you can run any script you find online.

Wait, that's not what you meant, is it? Most businesses don't use OS X because their software doesn't run on it. A lot of startups do, though. I believe Google uses mostly Macs because their workers choose their computers, and especially in the Valley almost no startup runs Windows. It's much more expensive for them and it's also not fashionable right now too.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Our adviser needed both Unix and some development software on Windows...

Right, which is why this is a great setup. I run that too for working in LabVIEW.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

watch+out+we+got+a+++over+here+_308b0a7e

• 1 month later...

I now bring you this new act of blasphemy (and a necro)...

fd76320f59.jpg

I kinda miss @Builder now...