LGA 1150 mITX boards

I'm looking to build a mini-itx haswell gaming system to replace my current sandy bridge system because I need something more portable with all the processing power of a regular desktop computer.

But by looking at the boards offered by motherboard manufacturers, I'm not sure whether I should postpone my plan. The products offered right now don't look like they are designed for something like an overclocked 4670k (I'm not sure if those boards even support overclocking).

Here are some of the boards I've been looking at. Incredibly there is only one mITX board per chipset, all bloated with features I do not care about (like wifi, dual ethernet, all sorts of display outputs). PS/2, 6 (or more) usb ports, audio and ethernet are the only things I need in terms of connectivity.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4600#sp

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z87E-ITX/

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z87I.html

http://eu.evga.com/articles/00751/#Stinger - lacks PS/2, looks awesome though.

I wouldn't mind something with a different chipset, but I guess a k-processor would be a waste on such thing.

What other options would I have?

The best m-ITX for overclock is the Asus one, as it have the VR daughter-board, didn't find it for sale yet though.

I came here to start exactly the same thread - I'll eagerly await a response :)

I think chances are good that the Asus z87 m-itx board will be the best for overclocking just as their z77 was. Personally, I'm thinking of going with the Asrock board though as I'm not that concerned with overclocking and it'll save a few bucks I'm sure, but that could change between now and the time I have the money.

Waiting on an Asus Maximus VI Gene myself. Hopefully it will get released this month.

Asus Gryphon w/Thermal Armor / Intel i5 4670K / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB / Asus ROG Matrix 7970 Platinum / Samsung 830 / Seagate Barracuda

Corsair AX860 / Corsiar 350D / Corsair H100i / Windows 8 Pro

Waiting on an Asus Maximus VI Gene myself. Hopefully it will get released this month.

Should be a good board but just to clarify, thats a micro ATX board, not an m-ITX which is what this thread is about.

Should be a good board but just to clarify, thats a micro ATX board, not an m-ITX which is what this thread is about.

Good catch! I totally missed that detail.  :wacko:

Asus Gryphon w/Thermal Armor / Intel i5 4670K / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB / Asus ROG Matrix 7970 Platinum / Samsung 830 / Seagate Barracuda

Corsair AX860 / Corsiar 350D / Corsair H100i / Windows 8 Pro

Definitely my topic, looking for a brand-spanking-new Bitfenix Prodigy build in the coming month or two... Two side questions, since I've liked the Z77 Deluxe m-ITX board, is there any possibility for a similar board with the new chipset?

And, my main worry, can you recommend a store (or site), which ships to Europe relatively cheap? (sorry, Linus, love you, but NCIX is over 9000km away - pun not intended)

I'm not even thinking of Bulgaria, but Germany works perfectly for me  :) Caseking is my first and only option for now, so I'm open for suggestions!

Thanks in advance!

Definitely my topic, looking for a brand-spanking-new Bitfenix Prodigy build in the coming month or two... Two side questions, since I've liked the Z77 Deluxe m-ITX board, is there any possibility for a similar board with the new chipset?

And, my main worry, can you recommend a store (or site), which ships to Europe relatively cheap? (sorry, Linus, love you, but NCIX is over 9000km away - pun not intended)

I'm not even thinking of Bulgaria, but Germany works perfectly for me  :) Caseking is my first and only option for now, so I'm open for suggestions!

Thanks in advance!

I have no idea about stores that ship to Europe but there for sure will be a z87 version of the ASUS Deluxe m-ITX board, ASUS has actually shown it off as you can see here. Its about the 7th mobo down in the article. Different colour scheme that some people hate but I actually like.

From OC-ing perspective I believe the Z87i-Deluxe is so far the best option, but like the EVGA board, it lacks PS/2.

None of these can even begin to compare to the ASUS Maximus VI Impact.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Now THAT

ROG mITX mobo

is epic ! 

I personally like the ROG board and the EVGA Z87 Stinger. I think the gold M-Itx board from Asus just looks stupid. 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

Thanks in advance!

Yes there is an Asus Rog M-Itx board coming out at some point and it has a full daughter board just for the voltage regulation circuitry. 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"