Stubborn supporter of Air cooling +1

Agrajag

As a stubborn supporter of air cooled gaming rigs and a fresh face on the LTT forum I am encouraged to be in the forum segment with the sub-handle "WOOSH". An onomatopoeia associated with flying and fresh air... as opposed to "SPLOOSH". An onomatopoeia which carries the same unnerving connotations as an unshaven middle aged man with sticky fingers or someone sneaking up behind you and whispering the word ...moist... right next to your ear. 

So +1 to air cooling right there!

PS. If you read this and the first question in your head is "why?"... I joined 5 mins ago and had to write something... ;)  

@Agrajag Thats a hello if ive ever heard one :P welcome have you read the CoC?  here it is if you havent http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/ TLDR version. Dont be a dick

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

...ok

I prefer air cooling as it is more reliable, quieter, cheaper, and the high end air coolers (read, NH-D15) perform comparably to the high end AiO coolers.

That said, watercooling looks a bit better according to most, has better case compatibility (somehow... case manufacturers pls), and stresses the motherboard less.

At the risk of being a dick (I have an aptitude for causing trouble without intending to...) I will reply before I read your link. Cheers for the welcome though. I've been leaching information from LTT and the forum for some time now and I felt I should give back by subscribing to the YouTube channel and the forum. Might even buy a t-shirt. I understand Linus prefers his rig to SPLOOSH instead of WOOSH but I wont hold it against him.

I'm gonna go and look at my the COC... (I might have had a mini stroke resisting that that joke).

HIT +1 for gaming rigs that go WOOSH!

Agra.

PS. If you read this and the first question in your head is "why?"... I joined 5 mins ago and had to write something... ;)  

hmmmm.

I'm still looking at my the COC... but I'm going to tread carefully here because your a tree frog and I like your hat! 

It's my cherry pop post on the LTT forum, re the quote, and I like air coolers....

Umm welcome to the forums?

Speaking of woosh, my room is being cooled by a 12" industrial fan... The same fan cools my PC during the summer...

Speaking of woosh, my room is being cooled by a 12" industrial fan... The same fan cools my PC during the summer...

LOL!

Now that's man sized WOOSH! (please excuse the patriarchal assumption of gender roles relating to large fans)

That be the kind of fan that cuts paper as a side gig!

140's are enough for me though. 

LOL!

Now that's man sized WOOSH! (please excuse the patriarchal assumption of gender roles relating to large fans)

That be the kind of fan that cuts paper as a side gig!

140's are enough for me though. 

Meh... It's 37C room temp here at best so intense gaming sessions need intense cooling solutions...

Still, the PC only has a pair of Aerocool 120s and a DeepCool 140->120 static pressure heatsink fan... I'm planning on getting 3-4 Cooler Master JetFlo 120s if ever I find them in my country (If not, I'll get DeepCool UF120s or Corsair AF/SP 120s)...