WASD vs ESDF

Jaybird

I use WASD for one reason --> some filthy developers make games without customizable controls

If your a touch typist then ESDF actually makes more sense tbh.  Never even tried it....I think a temporary 30-day trial might be in order.  It's only fair after all!

Might be more of a problem for people with small, womanly hands like Linus though! Hehe! ;P

C64, MOS 6510 0.985MHz, 64kB RAM + 20kB ROM, 320x200 resolution, 16 colours! <----BEAT THAT! ;P

then what the hell did i buy a namstro pc controller or joystick for they have been used for most old clasic pc games

easy easy, this is just my opinion ;-) you do whatever you want with your pc :)

Proud to be from Belgium.

easy easy, this is just my opinion ;-) you do whatever you want with your pc :)

oh i wasnt meening anything bad by the hell thing but i understand what u meen also

A nerd is someone whose life revolves around computers and technology. A geek is someone whose life revolves around computers and technology, and likes it!

• 2 months later...

I use WASD for FPS games, but I simply can't use them for driving games - I use arrow keys for that.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Never game much these days, even the default was WASD for up down left right, I still use the 10fingers system. Ring finger on W, pinky on A, ring finger again for S and middle finger for D.

I use ESDF for MMOs, WASD for FPS, but I don't play those very much now, all League of Legends. Guess that makes me a QWERDF type of person? Something along the sorts.

I use wasd because it is a waste of time remapping the keys for every game and I don't need 3 extra keys. Also, I've always used my thumb for left alt, I didn't know using some other finger was normal.

I use wasd because it is a waste of time remapping the keys for every game and I don't need 3 extra keys. Also, I've always used my thumb for left alt, I didn't know using some other finger was normal.

I allso use my thumb for alt :)

Proud to be from Belgium.

when using esdf you lose alt. i like alt especially in skyrim plus your pinky is closer to the windows key so its kind of dangerous when you try to press ctrl. also if you try esdf your ring finger is actually a little closer to your middle finger making it slightly difficult. seriously try it put your finger on wasd and check the distance between your fingers then do esdf youll notice the difference. 

WASD is like the untold of standard. have to stay with the one im most comfortable with

i use a controller for flying helicopters and jets in bf3, but other then that, good old keyboard and mouse with WASD :)

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung