iPhone in water, not good!

Go to solution Solved by CAKEwasTRUE,

OK so just looked at the logic board and connectors, everything is fine except the lcd and led connections. led pins are fried off on both the board and the tab and 4 lcd connectors dont work so no colors and blank black screen. i would have to get a new board and screen total of like 80-100$ <_<

The board is also not responding well, it goes into ever lasting boot cycle so a new phone is only option!

im going to head to a pawn shop that my dad said their stocked with many different phones including epics and iphones or ill check online.

I want to thank all who helped and supplied me with useful information and friendly responses. This is the best forum. 1000000000x better than facepunch <_<  which is where i came from!

So the tradish friend pushed me in the pool story blah blah blah 

Anyway, i came out i had forgot that i put my phone back in my pocket. I quickly pulled it out, and it was soaked.

I turned on the screen and the LCD started to fade out like a light bulb on a dying battery.

I put it in rice and see if it will fix it but i think is fubar.

Sooo.......How fu*ked am i?

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Completely "fu*ked".

You should have put in a box with some silica gel before you turned it on. That probably shorted and fried the guts of it.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Yep it's a gonner if i'm honest. Use this as a lesson to:

A ) Not hang out around the pool with your phone on you.

B ) If something electrical does get wet, DON'T turn it on until you have dried it out.

Shouldn't of turned it on.

Best thing you should of done is to not turn it on and remove the battery and let it dry out for a day or two before trying to turn it back on. Probably to late now since it shorted out because you turned it on. 

*Note* electronics can still work if they get wet. If your electronics ever get wet, don't turn it on, remove batteries and let it dry out. You don't want to turn it on while it is wet because this will short out the components. 

never turn on any elektrical device that has had water in it. Should also get the battery out, but good luck with that on an iPhone :P

you could give it another try in a couple of days but I wouldn't really hope to much for it to come back to life.

***Edit***

Had a friend who dropped his galaxy S in the toilet, then turned it on and it then faded out like your iphone. He put it over the radiator for 2 days and it worked like normal again.

So not all is lost, but still dont hope for it to work again.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Watch this video 

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I not gonna cry over it. Its an item that can be replaced. only loss i would say is the 600 photos i had that i forgot to back up but thats my fault for not being smart.

It was the iPhone 3gs that at&a sold for 60$ and it was having software issues (even after restore) so it was on its last legs. I had it with Straight talk which is a phone company out of walmart that uses at&t towers and that was 45$ unlim everything /mo  :D

if anything i can get one for 180$ new or even a better one like a 4 or 4s.

I will take it out tonight and see what happens. (it got dunked on 6/1 @ 11:20 EST)

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

I dropped my iphone in a toilet and flushed it but it got jammed. It still works, im very lucky that i didnt do a shit

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I depends on the water it's dropped in, if its in sea water, you're screwed, pool water it might work after drying out

Guys, Just went to sift it a little and looked at screen ghost white curved line about 1cm thick across screen and around the sides

looks like water got between the lcd and glass :/..............looking for new phone.

I depends on the water it's dropped in, if its in sea water, you're screwed, pool water it might work after drying out

It was a chlorine pool.

I not gonna cry over it. Its an item that can be replaced. only loss i would say is the 600 photos i had that i forgot to back up but thats my fault for not being smart.

It was the iPhone 3gs that at&a sold for 60$ and it was having software issues (even after restore) so it was on its last legs. I had it with Straight talk which is a phone company out of walmart that uses at&t towers and that was 45$ unlim everything /mo  :D

I will take it out tonight and see what happens. (it got dunked on 6/1 @ 11:20 EST)

you could probably get the data extracted if its important

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

you could probably get the data extracted if its important

yea that's what i was thinking if the screen dosnt work at least i can take the data off, that is if the flash is still working

The fact you tried to see if it was alive, caused it to die. Kinda ironic. Usually, when electronics are wet and in operation, the circuits get destroyed way faster than if it were off. It might still work though after a few days soaking in rice.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yeah the slightest current through a wet device is enough to brick it. If it was turned off you may be ok but good luck is all I can say. Let it dry overnight or for a day or so and see how it goes O.o

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Perhaps you could invest in something like Liquipel.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

samsung galaxy s4

samsung galaxy s4

I would love to have the Samsung epic 4g but it wont work with sim type

The fact you tried to see if it was alive, caused it to die. Kinda ironic. Usually, when electronics are wet and in operation, the circuits get destroyed way faster than if it were off. It might still work though after a few days soaking in rice.

Well no it was on but in standby, when i woke it up like hit the home button that's when it did some funky shit!

Well no it was on but in standby, when i woke it up like hit the home button that's when it did some funky shit!

The best thing to do in that scenario is turn it off ASAP.

The best thing to do in that scenario is turn it off ASAP.

Turning it off would wake it up, Damage was inevitable.

Otterboxes for the win I guess!  :P

otterbox yes would have helped but mine broke and i couldn't get the replacement in time!  :(

OK so just looked at the logic board and connectors, everything is fine except the lcd and led connections. led pins are fried off on both the board and the tab and 4 lcd connectors dont work so no colors and blank black screen. i would have to get a new board and screen total of like 80-100$ <_<

The board is also not responding well, it goes into ever lasting boot cycle so a new phone is only option!

im going to head to a pawn shop that my dad said their stocked with many different phones including epics and iphones or ill check online.

I want to thank all who helped and supplied me with useful information and friendly responses. This is the best forum. 1000000000x better than facepunch <_<  which is where i came from!