Price/quality 1440p monitor?

BaconPie

Are there any good 1440p monitors for a reasonably  low price?(as low as it can get)

BAM: 

take a look at this from teksyndicate

Source: https://teksyndicate.com/news/2013/08/15/tek-syndicate-1440p-monitor-club

. The Korean monitors are too cheap to ignore. First, let's list the monitors and ebay sellers that we recommend:

X-Star Monitors from Dream-Seller - Wendell and Logan prefer this for color, contrast, and anti-glare. The response time is worse than the Shimian, but the price is better and the Samsung panel is great. Also, the bezel is thinner and less rounded. Video: https://teksyndicate.com/videos/x-star-dp2710-27-2560x1440-samsung-psl-panel-led-matte-screen-monitor-overview

First FSM-270YV from Dream-Seller on Ebay: This monitor has a ton of inputs and outputs. The backlight bleed is rougher than the others, but the colors are epic.

XSTAR AH-VA Monitor with an HDMI: These are the least expensive and are usually on sale for $269 or so. They are amazing for the money. The colors are slightly more washed out when compared to the PLS or IPS versions, but they have HDMI 1.4 as well as DVI (Dual Link). It's a nice option.

Shimian Monitors from Dream-Seller - The Lite version is what we use. It features the same LG panel found in the Apple Cinema displays. It does not have a coating, is less glossy than the Apple display but glossier than the X-Star. Video: https://teksyndicate.com/videos/achieva-shimian-27-2560x1440-monitor-overview

If they are out of stock, you can see all Shimians here.

QNIX Monitors from Dream-Seller - These are similar to the Shimian Monitors. Most use the same panel and some can be overclocked to 120 Hz. Video: https://teksyndicate.com/reviews/2012/12/30/qnix-qx2700-27-2560-x-1440-ips-led-monitor-review

Next, let's talk about the options from major vendors (ASUS, Samsung, etc.)

ASUS PB278Q 27-Inch WQHD LED-lit PLS Professional Graphics Monitor  -  These are more expensive than the Korean monitors (you could almost get two X-stars), but you are getting ASUS quality, more ports, a sturdier build, etc.

SAMSUNG S27A850D - These are going to look somewhat similar to the X-Star. However, this is a genuine Samsung and you will pay for that. You will also get a better bezel, better options, a sturdier build, and more input options.

Dell UJltrasharp 27' Monitor

Let us know which others we should list here. The Overlord is not bad either and it can usually be overclocked to 120 Hz. It's just a lot more expensive.

Also, using these links really helps the site. If you value our videos please consider using the links above when buying on ebay.

This guy is selling one for $225 shipped.

I'd hurry though, it sounds like a few other people are in line.

If you don't get that one though, the korean panels are the only other option I know of. They run about $300 or so, but that is about as cheap as they go.

Basically if you don't get that monitor, then just take @ 's advice

//ccap

I may be getting the XSTAR AH-VA "multi" monitor as it has a HDMI 1.4 input and my laptop's only video output is an HDMI that is 1.4 compatible.

BAM: 

take a look at this from teksyndicate

Source: https://teksyndicate.com/news/2013/08/15/tek-syndicate-1440p-monitor-club

. The Korean monitors are too cheap to ignore. First, let's list the monitors and ebay sellers that we recommend:

X-Star Monitors from Dream-Seller - Wendell and Logan prefer this for color, contrast, and anti-glare. The response time is worse than the Shimian, but the price is better and the Samsung panel is great. Also, the bezel is thinner and less rounded. Video: https://teksyndicate.com/videos/x-star-dp2710-27-2560x1440-samsung-psl-panel-led-matte-screen-monitor-overview

First FSM-270YV from Dream-Seller on Ebay: This monitor has a ton of inputs and outputs. The backlight bleed is rougher than the others, but the colors are epic.

XSTAR AH-VA Monitor with an HDMI: These are the least expensive and are usually on sale for $269 or so. They are amazing for the money. The colors are slightly more washed out when compared to the PLS or IPS versions, but they have HDMI 1.4 as well as DVI (Dual Link). It's a nice option.

Shimian Monitors from Dream-Seller - The Lite version is what we use. It features the same LG panel found in the Apple Cinema displays. It does not have a coating, is less glossy than the Apple display but glossier than the X-Star. Video: https://teksyndicate.com/videos/achieva-shimian-27-2560x1440-monitor-overview

If they are out of stock, you can see all Shimians here.

QNIX Monitors from Dream-Seller - These are similar to the Shimian Monitors. Most use the same panel and some can be overclocked to 120 Hz. Video: https://teksyndicate.com/reviews/2012/12/30/qnix-qx2700-27-2560-x-1440-ips-led-monitor-review

Next, let's talk about the options from major vendors (ASUS, Samsung, etc.)

ASUS PB278Q 27-Inch WQHD LED-lit PLS Professional Graphics Monitor  -  These are more expensive than the Korean monitors (you could almost get two X-stars), but you are getting ASUS quality, more ports, a sturdier build, etc.

SAMSUNG S27A850D - These are going to look somewhat similar to the X-Star. However, this is a genuine Samsung and you will pay for that. You will also get a better bezel, better options, a sturdier build, and more input options.

Dell UJltrasharp 27' Monitor

Let us know which others we should list here. The Overlord is not bad either and it can usually be overclocked to 120 Hz. It's just a lot more expensive.

Also, using these links really helps the site. If you value our videos please consider using the links above when buying on ebay.

Wow thank you for the extremly detaild help! But if the prices are that high, I might as well just stick with a 1080p panel. :)

Wow thank you for the extremly detaild help! But if the prices are that high, I might as well just stick with a 1080p panel. :)

thank the guys from teksyndicate for the detailed layout of the better options. I am just skilled in the art of cooking copypasta

I wouldn't call the prices that high. $269 for a 27 inch monitor is good for a 1080p using any non TN panel, so an AH-VA 1440p monitor with an HDMI and DL-DVI input is an absolute steal at $269 IMHO, unfortunate I am on one of those college budgets.

good luck in your quest for the right monitor!

thank the guys from teksyndicate for the detailed layout of the better options. I am just skilled in the art of cooking copypasta

I wouldn't call the prices that high. $269 for a 27 inch monitor is good for a 1080p using any non TN panel, so an AH-VA 1440p monitor with an HDMI and DL-DVI input is an absolute steal at $269 IMHO, unfortunate I am on one of those college budgets.

good luck in your quest for the right monitor!

Im not saying they're overpriced, but 269$ is not the amount of money what I can spend on something right now.

Im not saying they're overpriced, but 269$ is not the amount of money what I can spend on something right now.

Fair analysis. I'm in a similar boat but will probably buy one for myself by Christmas.

I'd recommend the X-Star DP2710LED PLS, its a few bucks more then the AH-VA one but has a better PLS panel and is more overclockable, they usually go for ~$300 on ebay, dream-seller is a good trader to buy from too. I have 2 ATM and will probably be getting a third to replace my old 1080p IPS.