Steam Music Exits beta, available for all

XTankSlayerX

musicnewspost.jpg

Point Steam to the MP3s on your computer, then browse your collection of albums and artists. You’ll also find your Steam Soundtracks DLC in your Steam Music library when the associated base game is installed. Listen to albums, queue up mixes, and create playlists you love, right in your Steam library. Best of all, it’s all available right within the Steam Overlay, so you can control playback without leaving your game. The Steam Music library and player consist of all the basics you need to enjoy your music without switching tasks.

This is neat, ill still use my line in though. Not sure how I feel about his, considering how rarely I use Steam. Let alone listen to music while I'm playing a game.

If you've discovered PowerAmp and your Line In port you'll have a better alternative than this, Still cool for the people who want it none the less

Steam Link: http://store.steampowered.com/news/14358/

awesome... is it still only mp3? I hope it works with mp4a too :( (itunes format.)

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I hope it eventually supports FLAC

Have used it a few times, it's ok but I think they should put more info on the library in columns. e.g. artist, album, song, length etc...

Anyway I think this is more targetted at the living room and is just one of the things which they wanted to get sorted before steam machines launch. Next they will integrate video services like netflix...

awesome... is it still only mp3? I hope it works with mp4a too :( (itunes format.)

itunes? no one actually wants that, even the people who want it just dont know any better :P

seriously though, if it supports flack I'm in

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Sadly no, i tried to point it to my itunes media folder, and steam only read the mp3 files. This is sucks coz itunes been my source to buy music.

I still don't see the use of this. I could have changed music without exiting steam for a long time now: Logitech Wave with media buttons, Roccat Kone[+] also has this feature. It also works on spotify so I don't even have to store music anymore.
This is like a functionality for the living and I am not impressed by it, like at all.

i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz 1.37v, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid, Asus z370-A Prime

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Samsung 960 Evo 256GB, Samsung 850Pro 1TB, WD 3TB HDD

NZXT H440 White, Corsair H100i GTX v2, EVGA 750G2

Corsair AF140 x1, Corsair SP120 x2, Noctua Industrial 3000 RPM x3

yay still no aac even tho it's out of beta! aac is more used than mp3 these days.