3570k temps on stock cooling?

seiny
Go to solution Solved by Intervalence,

I think I may be having a bone-head moment, what are temps suppose to be like on the stock heatsink at stock clock?

I'm seeing 45ish idle and 85 - 90 with aida 64

And I seated the CPU correctly, pea method thermal paste

That sounds pretty normal... I mean it is the stock cooler, and aida pushes your cpu to the max and is unlike a real life situation such as that of rendering, or a game, etc...

I think I may be having a bone-head moment, what are temps suppose to be like on the stock heatsink at stock clock?

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

That sounds pretty normal... I mean it is the stock cooler, and aida pushes your cpu to the max and is unlike a real life situation such as that of rendering, or a game, etc...

Neah is fine but with a good thermal compound it could get better with about 5-8 degrees

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

To me, that sounds about right. stock cooler isn't supposed to be extraordinary lol

Neah is fine but with a good thermal compound it could get better with about 5-8 degrees

Lol are yawl sure?

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

A 212 evo brings mine down to about 30C idle and it rarely goes above 60 unless I use Prime95 and that's with a mild OC.

Lol are yawl sure?

Dude is a piece of alluminium without any heat pipes so the thermal transfer is very poor.There is nothing wrong but as i said if you use something like silver 5 it will get better that this is 99%silver it can help in this case.

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Dude is a piece of alluminium without any heat pipes so the thermal transfer is very poor.There is nothing wrong but as i said if you use something like silver 5 it will get better that this is 99%silver it can help in this case.

I see, so what are the safe temps for this CPU? What would be the limit I should go for?

the temps you would want would be to stay below at a maximum of below 80c. stress testing isn't real-world experience so you'll get temps that are generally meant as a stability test lol.

I see, so what are the safe temps for this CPU? What would be the limit I should go for?

Anything below 90 should be safe above....not so.Better keep an eye on it or set a temp limit from bios to warn you when is about to reach 90

It seems normal. Bare in mind that your CPU temps aren't just affected by the cooler, there are other factors that come into play like case airflow and ambient temperatures.

I see, well thanks guys :)