144hz vs 60 hz

LemonSpice

I had a 60hz ips 108op monitor and felt a huge bump from 60hz to 74hz when i over clocked it how big of a change would it to go for a 1440p tn 144hz monitor as far as gaming goes.

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

do you even have something to push anything to 144 FPS at 1440p and still have it look sort of good?

Error: 410

60hz with g-sync or 144hz with no g-sync.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

144hz is such an improvement over 60hz that it's hard to describe. However, it's only worth spending the extra money on 144hz if you play competitive first person shooters in a league where the result matters to you, any other use case and you're better off getting a nice IPS display because it will improve your experience more than 144hz will.

do you even have something to push anything to 144 FPS at 1440p and still have it look sort of good?

yea a gtx 780 at 1254 mhz core planning to buy another one

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

I mostly do fps games and thats almost all i do as my work is done on a laptop

I mostly do fps games and thats almost all i do as my work is done on a laptop

Are they twitch shooters like CS or Quake or slower paced ones like CoD/Battlefield? And even if it is a game like CS then unless you're in a league then you'll still get more out of a nice IPS panel.

i'm a hertz peasant. Lock my CS:GO down to 60fps and i don't notice much over my 144hz/fps. That's why i plan on getting a new ips monitor :D (34um95 anyone? :))

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

As long as your GPU can give you 144fps+ then thumbs up, others wise nope, waste of money!

For gaming i don't think you want the viewing angles, that's more for movies i would say!

60Hz is very playable imo, of course higher refresh rates are always welcome... and I can tell the difference between 60Hz and 120hz+, but I still wouldn't sacrifice the colour accuracy, contrast and viewing angles for a higher refresh rate.

The obvious exception would be if you are a completive gamer, in that case refresh rates, panel response times, and input lag become far more important than anything else.

144hz with gsync trumps all

As a human with eyes, I prefer things to not be blurry. Screw the competitive twitch shooter nonsense. 

I fired up Wasteland 2 last night on my IPS panel just to see. Yeah, it's got better color and saturation, but my god the blur when moving and rotating the camera. The difference isn't enough to give up smooth, blur-free gameplay.

main(i){for(;i<101;i++)printf("Fizz\n\0Fizzz\bBuzz\n\0%d\n"+(!(i%5)^!!(i%3)*3)*6,i);}

All i have to say is that web-browsing at 144hz is absolutely orgasmic.

Let alone gaming

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it