iPhone 6 & 6 Plus beat out the competition in performance benchmarks

With the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus now officially in customers’ hands after a record opening weekend of iPhone sales, today we get a look at various benchmark results for the devices compared to the competition from AnandTech

The site notes it noticed a 13% increase in performance in its SunSpider benchmark test for the new A8 chip, but also significant increases in GPU performance giving the new devices “a pretty solid lead over the competition for the iPhone 6/A8.” In addition, the site points out that Apple has actually been able to achieve quite impressive battery life results (pictured above) considering the hardware it’s included in the new iPhone 6 models:

Normally an 1810 mAh battery with 3.82V nominal voltage would be quite a poor performer, but the iPhone 6 is a step above just about every other Android smartphone on the market. The iPhone 6 Plus also has a strong showing, although not quite delivering outrageous levels of battery life the way the Ascend Mate 2 does.

You can check out all the results of the various benchmarks here.

67821.png

67822.png

67823.png

67824.png

67825.png

67826.png

67827.png

67828.png

67830.png

67829.png

67832.png

suprise suprise, the most expensive phone is the fastest

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

Android will probably never be as streamlined and as efficient as iOS because of the fact android must support tons of hardware, whereas apple curate it themselves. As such, this is probably understandable.

That said, I don't see the use in this performance if it means that apple has the ultimate decision on how you use hardware you paid for.

And btw, the iphone 6 battery size is not 'poor'. I have an intel chip in my razr i, which hogs far more juice than any recent smartphone processor, and with a 2000mah battery it has pretty damn good battery life. Pair a newer snapdragon with comparable specs and android, and I guarantee longer battery life.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

ITT: iPhone beats out other devices in hardware specific software across different OS'. Unless they're running the same OS, invalid testing. ;)

Good. It's new no it's almost on the top.

I just wonder how the 1GB of RAM handles heavy games.

ITT: iPhone beats out other devices in hardware specific software across different OS'. Unless they're running the same OS, invalid testing. ;)

Well, it's really not invalid because they're running a different OS. If they were both designed for the same OS but running a different OS then that would be an unfair comparison; but they're designed to run different OS's and therefore it's only fair to compare their performance with their respective OS.

With that said, benchmarks don't mean much. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

"it's not all about specs and benchmarks." - anyone who's ever benefited from saying this

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

not bad even beats out most other flagships until the GPU oriented tests come and the Nvidia Shield tablet comes and decimates everything.

And nearly 99.9% of consumers on Earth don't give a damn about this. 

Does it do selfies and instragram and send sexts. Thats the golden trifecta as they say. 

Where's the OnePlus One? 

that 2.5ghz Quad

No one cares because no one can buy it!

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017