Technology things your school does wrong

Dude

our school does stuff right, LEGIT windows 7 enterprise on all the computers, not extremtly under powerd hardware most have 4+ gb ram and 500gb hdds some i7 8gb ram desktops for solidworks in photography class super nice dell monitors on all the computers 100mb each way internet ;D

LLLLLUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

our school does stuff right, LEGIT windows 7 enterprise on all the computers, not extremtly under powerd hardware most have 4+ gb ram and 500gb hdds some i7 8gb ram desktops for solidworks in photography class super nice dell monitors on all the computers 100mb each way internet ;D

Take me with you!

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

-snip-

10: The 'tasklist' and 'taskkill' commands are your friend...

10: The 'tasklist' and 'taskkill' commands are your friend...

So what batch command would I need to get 'tasklist' (Please note; I am not great with batch commands)

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Rolling out a bring your own device scheme and then making school WiFi 5 GHz only. No wonder that didn't take off.

Part of the Q6600 club

So what batch command would I need to get 'tasklist' (Please note; I am not great with batch commands)

Through the windows command prompt... No need for admin rights...

I can't remember if there were Linux equivalents since it's been years since I used Linux with a command line interface...

Except for some really bad PCs in the lobby, I don't see all that much wrong...

Maybe some new projector bulbs would be in order. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Literally nothing, they set up their own server which runs everything related to the school, and we have a huge IT support (and a buttload of IT students). The only bad thing might be that the servers have reached their cap and expanding it would be quite nice.

Also we get free codes for Windows, Dreamweaver, Office and a lot of other things, power plugs are everywhere and routers are in every room so WiFi works like a charm.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

My school disables start task manager and control panel, even though you can access bios and network settings through proxy settings in chrome

Same, but literally everything is locked down, even the default homepage  :angry:  BIOS I understand why it's locked, and same with the proxies, anyone who doesn't know a thing about networking will most likely manage to break it and waste "technicians" time :( Sucks for people who actually want to get some work done without being pushed around by a proxy designed by a 7 year old (Like even art websites are blocked, and as a result some of my friends weren't able to do their homework)

EDIT: A 7 year old could probably do better 

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

I work on my schools tech dpt. And we have some random HP's with core i5 4440s,integrated graphics 2500, and win 7 pro. The cad pcs are some random dell xps's with Hazwell i7s, not sure what model number they are but they also have AMD firepros, not sure of the specifics of that card either. There mostly used for video rendering and graphic design stuff.

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

I went to school in the Beige era, be grateful young humans.

OMG @Dude do you live here ind brønderslev(Denmark) because THAT IS THE EXCAT problem we have here! All though im not sure if the Win7 is priated.

• My System: MSI Z87-GD65 - CPU: I7 4770K OC 4.0 GHZ I7 4770 (3.9 GHz), Antec 620 watercooler - GTX 760 2GB/OC (MSI TwinFrozr IV) - 16 GB Kingston 2133 - 750w Energon - Zalman Z11+ HF1 - Storeage: 2x120 GB EVO 840, 3 TB Seagate Display: Asus 27" VE276Q | Planned upgrades: Gamdias Hermes ultimate, HyperX Cloud, MSI AMD R9 290x, 2x120 HyperX (Linux boot drives)

• Pedro19reddit: "A good console exclusive is like a Ferrari that can only be driven on a swamp." SlickPc "i couldn't even under-clock my 5 year old GFX card to be as slow as a "Next-gen" console #PcMasterRaceProblems

lol, freshmen year of high school, in my programming class, 1/4 of the room had 24inch 1080P screens, and I7 machines. I Was on that side all year:D the rest had old pentiums from 2006. actually the 8 or so computer labs all had pentiums and celerion computers from 2006ish. 

last year, replaced everything with brand new Imacs(the thin ones) ew, but still nice. rest of the computers are I5, 16gb of ram, and gtx 640s. like their is a literal couple hundred of those machines thougout the school. its great. every room has a smartboard.

the only mistake is their is wifi thoughout the school. so during 4th hour, the normal 60mb down/80mb up we had freshmen year because we didnt have to share the wifi with every school device, drops to near unusable because of all the kids at lunch. 

My school uses VHS cassetes and overhead projectors 'made in west germany'.

who cares...

The guy who developed AES encryption works at my university. beat that. Also, we have six laser cutters for the students to use in school- and open source projects.

EDIT: Clearly didn't read the last word of the title. Lol. The online learning platform though is so complicated I really don't understand it at all. and I'm far from stupid. Also they tell students who have been trying to improve it to back off before they get expelled.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

We don't have wifi only teachers can use it. We got a new school principal and he's atcing like hes a baus. Ohh, I'm going to show him how to be a baus by crashing every my schools wifi.

We don't have wifi only teachers can use it. We got a new school principal and he's atcing like hes a baus. Ohh, I'm going to show him how to be a baus by crashing every my schools wifi.

#DOSit

(jk)

Because he had a hard drive.

College upgrading all the switches to CAT6 but still use CAT5 cabling.

Err... Switches don't care what cat version is connecting to it, only the baud rate. Cat 6 is just more insulated, so it can travel farther with less interference

My rig: Case: Cooler master storm scout

CPU: I5 3570k - Ram:  8Gb Kingston HyperX Blu

GPU: GTX 660 - Sorage: 2-1TB WD black;  120 GB samsung 840

they have core i3's for rendering premiere. at least bump it to a i5 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I heard install ubuntu on a flash drive?

you guys need to check my signature.