Bitfenix prodigy with h100i airflow?

AustinTheIntern

35LRo.pngso yeah, im thinking of using the top two as exhaust.

thoughts?

(btw, fan has to be under h100i since im using a bitfenix recon.)

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

I'd usually take the raidiator as an exhaust too, but in this case (haha, get it?) top intake seems fine to me.

Btw sorry for the really bad joke... Shame on me  ;)

Current Rig:    AMD FX 8350 @ 4.3GHz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk Edition | ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z | ASUS AMD Radeon HD7950 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Red 1866MHz RAM

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750 Watt PSU | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | ASUS DVD Writer | CM Storm Trooper Windowed Edition

Peripherals:    BeyerDynamic Custom One Pro | Func MS3 | Steelseries QcK | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown (on release)

Yeah since heat rises naturally it's usually better to have top as exhausts, maybe change the back to intake and top 2 to exhaust? Just an Idea...

Case: Corsair 500R ¦ Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 ¦ CPU: i5-3570K @  4.7Ghz ¦ Cooler: H100i ¦ Graphics: MSI R7950 Twin Frozer III ¦ PSU: Corsair CX750M ¦ Storage: 1x OCZ Agility 3 120gb, 1x Seagate 500gb, 1x WD 1TB Blue ¦¦

Yeah since heat rises naturally it's usually better to have top as exhausts, maybe change the back to intake and top 2 to exhaust? Just an Idea...

that's what my systems set up like at the moment.

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

I dont know why you'd use the top as an intake, doesnt really make much sense especially since you want the warm air from the rad OUT, it wont make too much difference, but the main problem would probably be the single out fan.. you've got alot coming in and not alot going out.. 

EDIT

I have seen people using a h100i with one side being push and one side being pull.. a consideration.. 

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

I dont know why you'd use the top as an intake, doesnt really make much sense especially since you want the warm air from the rad OUT, it wont make too much difference, but the main problem would probably be the single out fan.. you've got alot coming in and not alot going out.. 

EDIT

I have seen people using a h100i with one side being push and one side being pull.. a consideration.. 

I don't have space for push/pull. Re-read my first post, please. 

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

I don't have space for push/pull. Re-read my first post, please. 

No i dont mean push pull, i mean one side as an intake and one side as an out. i meant the left fan pushing and the right fan pulling

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

No i dont mean push pull, i mean one side as an intake and one side as an out. i meant the left fan pushing and the right fan pulling

oh lol, wtf. do you think it's a good solution?... i think id rather do both exhaust tbh

oh lol, wtf. do you think it's a good solution?... i think id rather do both exhaust tbh

i thought it was silly to be honest, i wouldnt do it lol, just saying :) could go for front and back in rad out then? thatll probably be a good one, i dont think they do but does the prodigy have an intake in the floor? 

i thought it was silly to be honest, i wouldnt do it lol, just saying :) could go for front and back in rad out then? thatll probably be a good one, i dont think they do but does the prodigy have an intake in the floor? 

No, sadly it doesnt-plus there is no room for it lol

I use front top as intake and back top as exhaust

I use front top as intake and back top as exhaust

why not both though?

I've tried both exhaust and intakes with my 600t and found that my temps were 2-3 celcius cooler with my H100i fans as intakes (drawing cool air into the case).
I would suggest using the stock H100i fans; they are pretty good.

But I would try both configurations and see what is better.

CPU: Intel 2700k (4.7) MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence (1866) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Storage: 256GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD (Boot), 64GB Crucial M4 (SSD Cache), 1TB WD Black Cavier, 2TB Hitachi, 2.5TB Buffalo Sound Card: Xonar Essence STX Case: Corsair Graphite 600t w/ full acrylic side PSU: Corsair HX750 (individually sleeved) 
Peripherals: Filco Keyboard (Brown) Razer Deathadder, Sennheiser HD595, Zalman ZM-MIC1, Steelseries Qck Mass mousepad.
Pics of my Rig

I've tried both exhaust and intakes with my 600t and found that my temps were 2-3 celcius cooler with my H100i fans as intakes (drawing cool air into the case).

I would suggest using the stock H100i fans; they are pretty good.

But I would try both configurations and see what is better.

the thing is, is that hot air is getting trapped inside cause of all my intakes and not enough exhaust. i think ill put them as exhaust and use the h100i stock fans

the thing is, is that hot air is getting trapped inside cause of all my intakes and not enough exhaust. i think ill put them as exhaust and use the h100i stock fans

Your temps are higher when they are as intakes? If exhausts give you better results, you should use it, haha.

I have four intake fans and one 120mm exhaust fan on my 600t.. but then again the 600t is big compared to bitfenix recon.. so i dunno.

CPU: Intel 2700k (4.7) MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence (1866) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Storage: 256GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD (Boot), 64GB Crucial M4 (SSD Cache), 1TB WD Black Cavier, 2TB Hitachi, 2.5TB Buffalo Sound Card: Xonar Essence STX Case: Corsair Graphite 600t w/ full acrylic side PSU: Corsair HX750 (individually sleeved) 
Peripherals: Filco Keyboard (Brown) Razer Deathadder, Sennheiser HD595, Zalman ZM-MIC1, Steelseries Qck Mass mousepad.
Pics of my Rig

Your temps are higher when they are as intakes? If exhausts give you better results, you should use it, haha.

I have four intake fans and one 120mm exhaust fan on my 600t.. but then again the 600t is big compared to bitfenix recon.. so i dunno.

prodigy* 

um i havent tried it..but it makes more sense to exhaust, and i probably wil..

prodigy* 

um i havent tried it..but it makes more sense to exhaust, and i probably wil..

Just taking a look at your setup again, I think exhaust will probably better, especially since you're pushing air through the radiator.

Pulling air through the radiator probably isn't the best.

Pics of my Rig

Just taking a look at your setup again, I think exhaust will probably better, especially since you're pushing air through the radiator.

Pulling air through the radiator probably isn't the best.

Linus advocates Pull setups in his closed-loop watercooling benchmark videos. It makes the rads easier to clean, from his experience. 

OP, you won't notice much difference either way. I used to run my H100 in Push/pull as an intake in my Prodigy before switching to a (dodgy, getting RMA'd :() H80i. While the RMA is happening I'm going to put the H100 back in as an exhaust in pull only. I don't anticipate much difference at all.

I think you should use them as exhaust, hot air rises, but I don't think it will make that much of a difference, you might not even see a difference for that matter. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I am planning on doing a prodigy build, and theoretical air flow in the case has been bugging me as well. I think the best would be to put a larger fan on the front like a Spectre Pro 230mm to bring in lots of cool air and use the rear fan and the top rad as exhaust. The only way to find out what works better is to actually do a couple tests.

It also depends on the graphics card you are running. It would effect temperatures and airflow quite a bit in a small closed space.

Edited by balint0808

- CoolerMaster CM II Advanced - Core i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz - ASUS Z87 Sabertooth - EVGA GTX 460 SC - 8 Gb Mushckin Enhanced Silverline -

- 120Gb Intel 320 SSD - 1TB WD Caviar Black - BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair TX750W -

why not both though?

because i have a h70 in the front top

35LRo.pngso yeah, im thinking of using the top two as exhaust.

thoughts?

(btw, fan has to be under h100i since im using a bitfenix recon.)

Maybe us another fan as Back Exhaust? This one For example guiet and pushes more air

http://www.xigmatek.com/product.php?productid=140&type=specification

If noise doesn't Matter you can get this Monster but it's EXTREMLY loud:

http://www.prolimatech.com/en/products/detail.asp?id=1200&subid=1202#showtab

I am planning on doing a prodigy build, and theoretical air flow in the case has been bugging me as well. I think the best would be to put a larger fan on the front like a Spectre Pro 230mm to bring in lots of cool air and use the rear fan and the top rad as exhaust. The only way to find out what works better is to actually do a couple tests.

It also depends on the graphics card you are running. It would effect temperatures and airflow quite a bit in a small closed space.

Im using a GTX 690. What do you think about rear and front intake with top as exhaust? (Positive airflow?)

Im using a GTX 690. What do you think about rear and front intake with top as exhaust? (Positive airflow?)

It is definitely a good idea to maintain the positive flow. Front/rear intake would work well if you have a blower style cooler on your gpu for sure.

- CoolerMaster CM II Advanced - Core i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz - ASUS Z87 Sabertooth - EVGA GTX 460 SC - 8 Gb Mushckin Enhanced Silverline -

- 120Gb Intel 320 SSD - 1TB WD Caviar Black - BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair TX750W -

I think someone was talkin' about splitting up the airflow on your top rad, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, this is my interpretation:

post-12262-0-68804100-1370186865.jpg

Also, using the front and back fans as intake and letting the two rad fans be exhaust isn't a bad idea either.

post-12262-0-68804100-1370186865.jpg