Linus and Luke Mod 24 Appreciation

ZmanFTW

Here is your chance to let Linus and Luke know what a great job they did with Mod 24 and how very appreciated their efforts were.

Also...what was your favorite Mod 24 moment?!

My favorite moment was the subtle way Luke made it known that he wanted a donut; "How do you have donuts?"

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6

Good job @LinusTech @Slick, good job everybody that stayed awake for the entire thing (currently waiting for The WAN Show)

• CPU
    Intel Xeon E5 2695 V3 14c-28t @ 2,8GHz
  • Motherboard
    AsRock X99 mITX
  • RAM
    2x16GB DDR4 Crucial ECC @2166MHz
  • GPU
    XFX R9 Nano 4GB HBM @1000MHz
  • Case
    Silverstone Sugo SG-13
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 
  • Intel SSD DC S3600 800GB

Choose your favourite adjective!

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

I'm still surprised that half way through, Linus didn't slap Luke on the back, say "you got this buddy" and just dip out for a few hours to sleep, then come back for the last like, 2 hours.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I thought they really well, Linus Looked like he was going to pass out :D

Yes I am sure they are feeling quite zombied out but they managed to hang in there and still be entertaining.

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6

WHERE IS MY OPTION TO VOTE FOR POTATO?!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I stayed with the stream for the first few hours and then went to sleep. Picked it back up around noon.

Both Luke and Linus were great but I think the last part during the judging portion and afterwards, Linus was hosting and commenting exceptionally well.

Loved their gaming stories too!

Mainboard ASUS Maximus VII Hero | CPU i5-4690K @ 4.7GHz | RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x4GB | Storage Kingston V300 SSD 240GB & 120GB, WD Black 1TB HDD | GPU EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0

PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro | Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 AX240 watercooling kit / additional 2 x 140mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Blue LED fans, 1 Cooler Master R4-L2R 120mm fan

I wouldn't say incredible, it could have been slightly improved. But with that said i can think of anyone i would rather have host it! 

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

I watched the stream from the get go for a few hours but had school the next day, so this morning while getting ready I watched some more and Watched the last few hours tonight. Thought they did a great job covering everything the teams were doing, keeping the teams going by showing how much interest they as well as others had in the builds, and really thought they did a great job at keeping the ball rolling despite having to be up and about for so long. Camera guys did an awesome job too and the builders are awesome, Love when the community gets together to create an event that is so spectacular like this, getting the community involved with the release and builds, as opposed to companies like apple who almost seem to have no user-company connection, I think Nvidia did a fantastic job with this, and give everyone props. I was very excited for this, and hope everyone enjoyed, Thanks everyone @game24! 

I wouldn't say incredible, it could have been slightly improved. But with that said i can think of anyone i would rather have host it! 

But you have to remember it was not planned or coordinated and it was a nonstop 24 hour event, so in my opinion I thought it was great considering the circumstances. 

But you have to remember it was not planned or coordinated and it was a nonstop 24 hour event, so in my opinion I thought it was great considering the circumstances. 

That is true. But hopefully next time maybe it will be planed, just to make it slightly better. You know what i mean?

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

That is true. But hopefully next time maybe it will be planed, just to make it slightly better. You know what i mean?

Eh, in a way but You can't really plan how they will record everything, or when to be where at the right times, or what the people building will say, it is a real life real time event so you can only set guidelines, can't really plan or organize anything except rules. It was a long event so not everything exciting was all in one quick punch, it was spread out and slowly built, but if you really appreciate what they did you can understand how hard it must have been to do all this. I really hope they have more events like this, and though Linus& Luke did their role at the event very well. 

I thought they did an incredible job. I really thought that I wouldn't be able to make it all 24 hours just because it would get boring after awhile. But the normal Linus/Luke enthusiasm that we have all grown to love managed to keep the entire 24 hours entertaining and upbeat. Great job guys!

Hardware enthusiasts interviewing mod enthusiasts...easiest to relate to I guess. I tried to hear most of the Nvidia reps, but other than that I found myself mostly tuned in to the Mod 24 channel the majority of the time. They need to allow more time for the mods next year. They should also allow time for everybody to sleep!

Eh, in a way but You can't really plan how they will record everything, or when to be where at the right times, or what the people building will say, it is a real life real time event so you can only set guidelines, can't really plan or organize anything except rules. It was a long event so not everything exciting was all in one quick punch, it was spread out and slowly built, but if you really appreciate what they did you can understand how hard it must have been to do all this. I really hope they have more events like this, and though Linus& Luke did their role at the event very well. 

I agree they did do a great job and really do appreciate what everyone there did, i just thought if they could have had it pre-paired more it could have been slightly better. How ever i understand that i could only be pre-paired to a certain point and that makes since. 

Well you can't please everyone all of the time but most of us were pretty impressed I think. Real troopers!!

every time i tired to watch it the audio was just terrible - yeah i couldnt watch it

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Watched basically every minute of it and loved it.

It was like 1 big wan show without the news.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

every time i tired to watch it the audio was just terrible - yeah i couldnt watch it

The sound was pretty bad. We missed a lot of stuff because of that.

Watched basically every minute of it and loved it.

It was like 1 big wan show without the news.

"The 24 Hour WAN Show" sponsored by Nvidia. I thought there was a lot of funny stuff. The hiding of the 980's was funny as hell!

It is difficult to keep anyones attention for a 24 hour stream, but they did an amazing job. Some will complain about how they were late coming back after break, the audio had issues, etc. But at some point you have to realize that they had been streaming for an incredible amount of time. I though with what they had to work with, they did an absolutely amazing job. They did a great job of giving up coverage about what was going on with the cases, and how the modders were actually doing it. (even if that meant getting in the way for the sake of the audience) Also, they kept us involved when possible with twitter and twitch chat. Thank you guys so much for your hard work. Looking forward to the upcoming WAN show already.