Why are you not pissed at Nvidia?

Izaya Orihara

I only got the 970 because I was still on a 7970ghz card. It was just finally time to move on for more features and fps. I find the value of the g1 970 amazing even coming from amd. It was worth the upgrade in my mind. And thats part of it, is it worth the upgrade to you. Nvidia even announce it was meant to replace the 780 and 780ti not outperform it per say.

The tdp was a big deal because I had enough for either a new PSU or a GPU. But because this card was able to do more with less I don't have to buy a new PSU and wait months for a new GPU. Different features have different value for people. It happens that the lower tdp is a big deal for me because it means less heat to dissipate as well and therefore quieter, that's a big deal to me. I work odd hours and don't need to keep the wife and kids up with a leaf blower going in the room over.

People are comparing a card with optimized drivers and unlocked bios ( 780/780ti) to cards that are a week old. This argument takes place every time a new series is released. Then people go and look at benchmarks where people are using extreme cooling to achieve crazy scores on the 780ti. People are starting to get their 980/970 cards and once optimized drivers come out, unlocked bios + water cooling blocks for the 900 series things will look different.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

People are comparing a card with optimized drivers and unlocked bios ( 780/780ti) to cards that are a week old. This argument takes place every time a new series is released. Then people go and look at benchmarks where people are using extreme cooling to achieve crazy scores on the 780ti. People are starting to get their 980/970 cards and once optimized drivers come out, unlocked bios + water cooling blocks for the 900 series things will look different.

This as well. Its already more than adequately cooled and quiet. Imagine putting a water block on it, that and people have been able to break the 2ghz with the 980. Not on water but nonetheless on a card that just came out. It took a while for gone to reach that on a 780 to or not.

Here you go. This is a 3Dmark Fire Strike score when the 780 was released. In comparison it falls short of the 970 by 2000 + points. My G1 Gaming scores 12,500 graphics score on non optimized drivers....the bottom GIF is the 780 OC. My G1 Gaming 970 OC scores a 14,100 Graphics score

post-107732-0-77361300-1411763947.jpg

post-107732-0-42011100-1411764286_thumb.

Here you go. This is a 3Dmark Fire Strike score when the 780 was released. In comparison it falls short of the 970 by 2000 + points. My G1 Gaming scores 12,500 graphics score on non optimized drivers....the bottom GIF is the 780 OC. My G1 Gaming 970 OC scores a 14,100 Graphics score

Linus already did a review on the 970, it falls short of the 780 in every benchmark:

And anytime there will be driver improvements for a newer series card, the previous series of the cards will get them also.

Linus already did a review on the 970, it falls short of the 780 in every benchmark:

And anytime there will be driver improvements for a newer series card, the previous series of the cards will get them also.

Linus trumps all other data in your opinion? You cant base it off a single card....................

Linus trumps all other data in your opinion? You cant base it off a single card....................

1059MHz core 780 matching and surpassing a 1216 core 970:

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-970-vs-GeForce-GTX-78

The only time a 970 will ever have an advantage is when they bench at stock clocks. That's because the 780 comes in at a 800MHz base clock boosting into the 900MHz range, while the 970 non-reference comes in at a high 1100MHz base clock boosting into the 1300MHz range (even reference 970's are boosting into the 1200's). Not a fair comparison @ stock clocks.  

1059MHz core 780 matching and surpassing a 1216 core 970:

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-970-vs-GeForce-GTX-78

The only time a 970 will ever have an advantage is when they bench at stock clocks. That's because the 780 comes in at a 800MHz base clock boosting into the 900MHz range, while the 970 non-reference comes in at a high 1100MHz base clock boosting into the 1300MHz range (even reference 970's are boosting into the 1200's). Not a fair comparison @ stock clocks.  

So umm a 970 is better at stock clocks. So the 970 is a faster card. The 970 also can OC better.

I can score a 6k+ in extreme fire trike and a 14k + graphics score in normal fire strike. Both scores on stock cooler with no voltage increase. You are saying the 780 clocks better? Or, once you OC the 780 it is a faster card?

Edit: You have a 780 correct? Post some scores. We can compare them. :D  What i score has been the norm for these cards so far. Or you could OC to match my stock clocks. 

So umm a 970 is better at stock clocks. So the 970 is a faster card. The 970 also can OC better.   I can score a 6k+ in extreme fire trike and a 14k + graphics score in normal fire strike. Both scores on stock cooler with no voltage increase. You are saying the 780 clocks better? Or, once you OC the 780 it is a faster card?   Edit: You have a 780 correct? Post some scores. We can compare them. :D  What i score has been the norm for these cards so far. Or you could OC to match my stock clocks. 

The 970 is better at stock clocks. So the 970 appears to be the faster card. That's because the card is clocked higher. Even though the 970 can OC better, the 780 can match it at lower clocks. I don't bench Fire Strike, I bench Heaven or Valley. Feel free to post those scores and we can compare. 

The 970 is better at stock clocks. So the 970 appears to be the faster card. That's because the card is clocked higher. Even though the 970 can OC better, the 780 can match it at lower clocks. I don't bench Fire Strike, I bench 3DMark11 or Heaven or Valley. Feel free to post those scores and we can compare.

Already have my scores posted in the various LTT benchmark threads. You just throw in a Firestrike and we can compare. :D

Already have my scores posted in the various LTT benchmark threads. You just throw in a Firestrike and we can compare. :D

Why not just post them here then? I haven't benched in a while so they will have to be fresh benches for me. Which means actually running the benchmarks first. You already have them so post away.

What's there to be mad about? They've made an improvement to their products.

If you don't feel it's a big enough improvement to warrant a purchase, don't buy one. I'm still on 680s.

Nvidia need to prioritise power efficiency for their business strategy roadmap and we're all the guiney pigs.

Why not just post them here then? I haven't benched in a while so they will have to be fresh benches for me. Which means actually running the benchmarks first. You already have them so post away.

On my phone atm. If you need me to post the links for you, i can do that later. It would be more beneficial to have your scores in the spreadsheet for others to compare as well. That is why those threads exist.

Just read the OP and thought I would respond. Perhaps what I have to say has already been covered. In that case I am sorry.

780/780ti/Titans are using GK110 cores. How can any one be upset that Nvidia's new small core GM204 is equal to or better than their old big core GK110? I do not understand such thinking. Compare a GTX 770 to a GTX 980. IMHO that is an apples to apples comparison, NOT comparing performance of GPU monikers. 

It's the 980; not 980ti.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

On my phone atm. If you need me to post the links for you, i can do that later. It would be more beneficial to have your scores in the spreadsheet for others to compare as well. That is why those threads exist.

Feel free to post the pictures whenever you like. Heaven and Valley.

Feel free to post the pictures whenever you like. Heaven and Valley.

Like i said, a thread already exists where you can find them. Also, a fire strike thread. I looked but i dont see your submissions yet.

Like i said, a thread already exists where you can find them. Also, a fire strike thread. I looked but i dont see your submissions yet.

But you said you would post the links here for me? You already have the benches you said. So just post them here.

But you said you would post the links here for me? You already have the benches you said. So just post them here.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/69448-unigine-valley-benchmark-scores-thread-over-200-submissions/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/212222-ltt-3dmark-thread/

I don't even have to bench, I rest my case with your own submission. Your 1580MHz Core 970 getting matched and beaten by a 1215MHz Core 780 (there are even other 780's in the 1200's scoring higher than your 970 @ 1580MHz): 

ve9loh.jpg

I don't even have to bench, I rest my case with your own submission. Your 1580MHz Core 970 getting matched and beaten by a 1215MHz Core 780:

Posted Image

You are going to claim victory based on one program? Im guessing you have never compiled and analysed data before? Submit your score. Did you run Firestrike? Im guessing no because it didnt favor your point of view.

I don't even have to bench, I rest my case with your own submission. Your 1580MHz Core 970 getting matched and beaten by a 1215MHz Core 780 (there are even other 780's in the 1200's scoring higher than your 970 @ 1580MHz):

Posted Image

See the difference between us is that you are looking to win a argument by being bias towards your point of view. You are only willing to bench 1 or 2 programs.

I am looking to to review the scores from numerous sources, which i have already done. Fact is the 970 is a better card. It runs faster at stock and so far overclocks better on average. Among other obvious features. Does it make sense to sell a 780 to get it. Probably not but it is still a better card. You are acting like im the only one who thinks this. Lmao