Help picking headphones?

duckypath

After searching the forum for some answers, I have come up empty and am looking for your help in finding a good replacement set of headphones.

So I bought the vengeance 2100's recently, and after a few months of use, I just can't get used to them. The material on the earcups are not to my liking, as they get a little warm and collect everything. I need to clean the earcups every night, because they collect so much lint. They seem too heavy for me, and tend to weight me down more than I'd like. They are also very isolated, and don't let enough air hit my ears.

So I have decided to sell them for $50 or whatever and take a loss on them. But am looking for a good replacement.

The wireless was a nice feature, but I can live without. Leather (or fake leather) earcups are preferred but not required. The 7.1 was cool when playing BF4, but I usually leave it on stereo anyways. I don't even use the mic. Basically all the features a "gaming" headset offers, I don't use. So am looking for headphones that do nothing but give me great sounded audio.

With all that said, I can get the Razer Kraken Pro's for $50 and was wondering what you thought about these? They seem simple, light, and from what I have heard audio is good.

One last thing, I'd like to stay in the $50 range, + or - $15. Thank you for your help!

If you're wanting a good headset, stay away from the Krakens.

I would recommend the HyperX Clouds if you just want a gaming headset and if you're not necessarily wanting a pair of high-end headphones.

If you're wanting a good headset, stay away from the Krakens.

Any reason why? I always heard they were good, but only if you get them for $50 or less.

Anyone know the comfort of these? Which would be better for comfort? As I am guessing they sound about the same.

Any reason why? I always heard they were good, but only if you get them for $50 or less.

They're not worth your money at all IMO. The mic isn't super great, and the audio quality from the drivers are horrid.

I can vouch for these - at least, I have used both the ATH-M40 and ATH-M50, and they are both excellent headphones.

Good choice for not going with shitty gamer headsets too, by the way. You're going to get much higher quality, efficiency, performance and durability than any gaming headset can provide for the same price.

Also feel free to look through the following:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121226002539/installgentoo/images/3/34/1337596229935.jpg

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121226031800/installgentoo/images/c/cc/HEADPHONE_GUIDE.jpg

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121226032026/installgentoo/images/3/36/%24100_Headphone_guide.jpg

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121226032128/installgentoo/images/7/73/THE_BEST_HEADPHONES_UNDER_%24100.jpg

I saw your post and googled the M40's. Saw two different versions, the M40x and M40fs. Are there any major differences? I know the M40x look way better, but what about sound quality?

I saw your post and googled the M40's. Saw two different versions, the M40x and M40fs. Are there any major differences? I know the M40x look way better, but what about sound quality?

They are completely different models that have different types of sound. The M40x also have a removable cable and are also a lot more durable than the M40FS. I had the M40x and they are pretty comfy, not sure about the others.

But yeah, you'd have to look online to see the differences between sound, see how people describe the sound and stuff. I'd probably go with the M40x, but it might be out of your budget.

EDIT: Had a look online, found this:

https://soundcloud.com/sonic-sense-pro-audio/audio-technica-m40x

https://soundcloud.com/sonic-sense-pro-audio/audio-technica-ath-m40fs

Now, the differences won't be accurate, and they won't give you an indication of quality (because you're using different headphones to begin with that don't have the same quality), but listening to both may give you a feel for the sound, space, neutrality, mids, etc.

Thanks for the links!

EDIT: The links totally helped, and even if they aren't 100% accurate. They did tell me that the fs is not my style of sound. The M40x are much clearer and sound better to me.

Thanks for the links!

EDIT: The links totally helped, and even if they aren't 100% accurate. They did tell me that the fs is not my style of sound. The M40x are much clearer and sound better to me.

Good to hear, they are excellent phones.

How about some amazing Superlux headphones like HD668b or HD681 EVO? They offer outstanding sound quality for a small price tag. They also have excellent soundstage and imaging for great positional audio in games and overall surround experience. Definitely better than any gaming headset under $100! If you need a microphone, just attach a Zalman ZM-MIC1 to them!

How about some amazing Superlux headphones like HD668b or HD681 EVO? They offer outstanding sound quality for a small price tag. They also have excellent soundstage and imaging for great positional audio in games and overall surround experience. Definitely better than any gaming headset under $100! If you need a microphone, just attach a Zalman ZM-MIC1 to them!

Thanks for the recommendation, not really interested in gaming headsets though. Trying to change out my 2100's for headphones. Really only care about audio quality at this point.

BTW, anyone know the best place to sell my vengeance 2100's? I am looking to get rid of them for $50. Ebay, amazon?

Thanks for the recommendation, not really interested in gaming headsets though. Trying to change out my 2100's for headphones. Really only care about audio quality at this point.

BTW, anyone know the best place to sell my vengeance 2100's? I am looking to get rid of them for $50. Ebay, amazon?

Umm, Superlux are not gaming headsets at all.

edit: check out some reviews over at head-fi.org

http://www.head-fi.org/products/superlux-hd-681-evo-black-professional-monitor-headphones

http://www.head-fi.org/products/superlux-hd-668-b

Lol, I don't know if he was reading what I read. Cause you seem to be boasting the sound quality xD

:) Yeah, I thought from what you he was saying was that they were for gaming. Anyways, they look really nice. I love the look of them. Will definitely keep an eye on these, they seem too cheap for what they are said to have.

:) Yeah, I thought from what you were saying they were for gaming. Anyways, they look really nice. I love the look of them. Will definitely keep an eye on these, they seem too cheap for what they are said to have.

Btw, it was Verne suggested them. They're known to be possibly the best sounding headphones in its price range, I own the HD668Bs and I can say they sound fantastic for the price, though aren't too comfortable and feel cheap as expected, but you can buy some velour pads to make them more comfortable. 

If you have the money, I'd go with the ATH-M40x you originally considered, but if you can't stretch that far, the Superlux HD668B are probably your best choice in that series of cans. Pretty sure 668Bs are considered the best Superluxes for quality/price ratio.

Btw, it was Verne suggested them. They're known to be possibly the best sounding headphones in its price range, I own the HD668Bs and I can say they sound fantastic for the price, though aren't too comfortable and feel cheap as expected, but you can buy some velour pads to make them more comfortable. 

Oh yeah I know, was just responding to your comment. Appreciate the suggestion Verne!

If you have the money, I'd go with the ATH-M40x you originally considered, but if you can't stretch that far, the Superlux HD668B are probably your best choice in that series of cans. Pretty sure 668Bs are considered the best Superluxes for quality/price ratio.

It is my top pick, just interested in other choices because they are a little higher than I wanted to go. But if I do not find another pair I am certain I will like then I am going with the M40x's.

Ok I have finally reached a Topic that i need a lot of help about !

I really don't have a big budget but i want something that works crazy my budget is 70$ and I need a Gaming / Music headphone :mellow:  :mellow: .

So please help me out Thanks before hand !  :D  :D 

Ok I have finally reached a Topic that i need a lot of help about !

I really don't have a big budget but i want something that works crazy my budget is 70$ and I need a Gaming / Music headphone :mellow:  :mellow: .

So please help me out Thanks before hand !  :D  :D 

Make your own thread and ask this, you'll get more exposure. I think your misunderstood the purpose of this thread. 

Make your own thread and ask this, you'll get more exposure. I think your misunderstood the purpose of this thread. 

Ok Thanks for the help bro  :D  :D 

First timer at Forums don't use it often !

So I can call my self a NOOB in this kind of stuff. But was at least worth a try  :P .

I really like the Corsair Vengeance 1500

but if you ever plan to use Windows 8.1 PLEASE DO NOT GET IT.

Razer Kraken 7.1 is a great headset, but it breaks easily.

Logitech G930 is great if you do not use anything wireless. Like routers.

If not the g35 is amazing.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00GQUGSGI/ref=sr_1_3_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1411189376&sr=8-3&keywords=vengeance+2100&condition=used

Link to my vengeance 2100 on amazon. $55 + $6 shipping. Pretty good deal. Like new, original box. Plus that link is to the LMG (Linus) amazon affiliate link. SO you help them buying through this link.

Let me know if I wasn't allowed to post this link here