This is how the Gigabyte GTX 980 looks and behaves (and some more reviews about 980s and 70s)

Thank you for posting this. I was looking for more information on the GTX970 as well!

1580mhz boost clock ...  :unsure:  (makes me wanna upgrade my 7850 to a 7870)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

You are welcome. I found this while in my Biology class, so, go figure...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Jesus, that's a BBC...

Big black card, of course...

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

WoW nice temps, noise levels and pretty low power cosumption!

I dunno if i'm satisfied with performance tho... :/ 

I'll give them some time more before i make my final decision!

I like the look of the new Gigabyte Windforce cooler. Subtle changes but I like it a lot more than the old one.

2 8-pins is unecessary. They could have gone away with the reference 2 6-pins or 6+8pins which should be more than enough even if you OC the hell out of a 980.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

I'm definitely getting one of these for my build in a few months... haven't decided on 970 or 980 though.

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | I7 930 2.80GHz(stock) | Noctua NH-D14 | 6GB Corsair @ 1600 | Sapphire 5850 Toxic Edition 1GB | Corsair TX750W | Corsair C70 black |<p>Collection of Parts for next build: Corsair 760T | Windows 7 Pro | Corsair AX850 |http://jond7.deviantart.com/ - https://www.facebook.com/JonD7

Good to see the hdmi port not randomly sitting in the middle of the Display Ports. It's a simple thing but no idea why the reference cards have it. 

Project: Rock Lobster = Completed Click for Build Log 
INTEL CORE I7 4790K @4.6ghz | 2 x Windforce R9 290's CF | CORSAIR H110i |Samsung EVO 500GB SSD, Sandisk 128GB SSD| WD 3TB Green, Seagate 2TB |

|Asus Maximus 7 Ranger  | Windows 7 | Corsair 450D Case |

This is going to be a hard pick for me if I'm going with Nvidia this time around. Either go with EVGA for customer service and cooler design or Gigabyte for that massive cooler and 8pin design oh and those three DP's are looking sick.

Either way, I'm definitely going with the 970 this time around if going with Nvidia. It's outshining the 780ti and is only about 10% performance difference from the 980, not worth the 25% difference in price. Maybe if the 980 was $400-$450 then I would bite, but otherwise, no.

I said before that I am not impressed with 900 series of NVIDIA GPUs based on what I seen from rumours. But after I saw this Gigabyte 980 .. I am really impressed. Those overclocks.. oh god. I want to see if MSI Lightning will go into 1600-1700MHz range on core.

OH MAH GLOB that thing is beautiful!!!!

IKR :D

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

2 8-pins is unecessary. They could have gone away with the reference 2 6-pins or 6+8pins which should be more than enough even if you OC the hell out of a 980.

Your right the two 8 pin connectors are over kill, but that means you will not have to have the +2 pin connectors hanging off of the card screwing up the looks of your machine. :)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Dat cooler is gorgeous.

No beating the reference design anytime soon with designs like these from manufacturers, looks wise.

4770k Delid @ 4.5Ghz/1.25V w/ NH-D15, Maximus VII Hero, HyperX Beast 8GB 1600Mhz, GTX770 DCII OC, Strider Gold S 750W, 120GB 840 EVO, 2TB Barracuda, No case : D

Quickfire TK (MX Brown), Naos 7000, 128GB Surface Pro 2, 32GB G2 With Lightning Rom V4

No beating the reference design anytime soon with designs like these from manufacturers, looks wise.

Was talking about the Twin Frozr V, not reference, but I guess the reference cooler is pretty sexy as well.

EDIT: If I've misinterpreted your post and mine makes no sense, ignore it. I'm sick and have at least 8 different medications going through me. My head is very fuzzy right now.

Especially since this is selling for just a bit more than a 770, I think I might just have to upgrade.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Now, function overtakes look in a lot of things, but is it really that hard for GIGABYTE to design a cooler that doesn't look cheap and ugly?

The pricing is really weird.
The 970 OC is faster than a stock 980 and it's $220 cheaper.
You could buy 2 GTX970 and overclock them and you will get almost double 980 performance for only $110 more.
We had a similar situation with the GTX670 and GTX680 but it had only a $100 difference.

RTX2070OC