The PS4 And Xbox One Are Already Out Of Date - Round 2

dlf

Well that's not true at all now is it? I rather amused by your usage of "fact". Anyway check this list out: http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

50 games as i counted for the PS4. 41 run or will run at 1080. 29 of them being able to run at 1080p @ 60 FPS.

Exactly. The PS4 seems to be much more consistent with hitting 1080p 30/60, Its the X1 thats been having issues. Sony looks to have provided enough of a hardware jump to manage that 1080p mark.

I feel that the conclusion should be

Current console generation came to early, and to late

They came to early in the way that they will quickly fall really far behind because of 4K

But also to late because the last console generation lasted for just too long AND because if they had waited for 4K to be achievable for consoles the last console generation really would have lasted wayyy to long

PS4 and Xbone should have been released in late 2011 or so, then next generation in 2016 ~ 

The 4k push. I really don't think its going to happen as quick as people think. Apart from games and a smattering of specially made 4k content that is not readily available, there really isn't much drive to upgrade to 4k. The vast majority of movies projected are still around the 2k mark (which is not really that different from Blu-ray) and there isn't that big of a push/want for that to be changed quickly. Honestly don't think 4k will be a thing until maybe the last few years of this console generation anyway, by which point the next set of hardware should be easily able to handle it plus maybe a new optical format to handle it. But that last part could change depending on where game streaming and home internet speeds go.