Serious elbow pain when felxing my arm and or when bench pressing...

Keyboard Warrior

DISCLAIMER

Yes I am aware of the fact that this is a tech forum but maybe somebody here can still help me out.   

So I have been training for a couple of weeks now to gain some more weight as I'm really skinny and not only is that not healthy but it also looks stoopid. (60 kg at almost 6 foot) I have gained some muscle that's good but I have a problem. When I flex my right arm my elbow hurts. Like a lot. It also hurts a little when I'm bench pressing. Not nearly as bad as when I flex tho. On my left arm I don't have this problem. I also have a lot less muscle on my left arm for some reason. (Get your minds out of the gutter) So that might be why I don't have this on my left arm. 

So what could that be? And how do I fix it?

Twisted your joint wrong? Take a break for a week or two and let your elbow heal.

Your left arm naturally will be weaker if you're right handed, you'll use it more than twice as much for a lot of things.

Go to a clinic, they can probably tell you more than we can.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

DISCLAIMER

Yes I am aware of the fact that this is a tech forum but maybe somebody here can still help me out.   

So I have been training for a couple of weeks now to gain some more weight as I'm really skinny and not only is that not healthy but it also looks stoopid. (60 kg at almost 6 foot) I have gained some muscle that's good but I have a problem. When I flex my right arm my elbow hurts. Like a lot. It also hurts a little when I'm bench pressing. Not nearly as bad as when I flex tho. On my left are I don't have this problem. I also have a lot less muscle on my left arm for some reason. (Get your minds out of the gutter) So that might be why I don't have this on my left arm. 

So what could that be? And how do I fix it?

Sounds like a pinched ulnar nerve which is common in lifting. Take an ibuprofen every 4-6 hours.

& Stretch your arm.

This happens when I tend to go past 285 when benching. Kills my elbows.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

you need to lower your weights & start building up to higher weights over the course of 6 months , usually this might be delayed onsets of muscle spasm (after you did your reps), or a bruised joint , or a partially torn tendon on your elbow,  what you can do now is go through recovery phase , stop lifting for a few days until pain subsides then start slow & low , don't try & make you'rself do it more as this can cause injury to elevate further & may end up injuring yourself terribly & you'll need about a year to recover, don't let it come to that, just take a few days rest & make sure you consult with your local doctor if pain isn't subsiding ...Good luck

Details separate people.

Your left arm is supposed to be weaker than your right arm, it's possible that it didn't react well to the stress.

Sounds like a pinched ulnar nerve which is common in lifting. Take an ibuprofen every 4-6 hours.

& Stretch your arm.

I agree with ttam

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Twisted your joint wrong? Take a break for a week or two and let your elbow heal.

Hmm. I don't know. But I had this for more than a year or it just never bothered me enough to something about it. (It also wasn't as bad before) 

Your left arm naturally will be weaker if you're right handed, you'll use it more than twice as much for a lot of things.

Go to a clinic, they can probably tell you more than we can.

Yeah I know but I don't think it should make such a big difference. I currently can't show you a picture as I killed my phone :/ 

I should probably do that. But I'm lazy... 

Could be a number of things:

1. You're just sore from lifting
  2. You possibly strained the muscles in that area
  3. Broken bone (highly doubt it, you wouldn't be able to bench)
  4. Twisted due to bad form whilst benching

How long have you been working out and how long has it been bothering you?

I recommend you ice it every few hours for 20 minutes. Take pain killers and then an Epsom salt bath to relax the muscles in that area. Stretch periodically

I do this a lot because of football. 

I've been working out for 3 weeks or so. Beforer my only physcial activity other eating was climbing. (If that is important) I've had it for over a year but it wasn't nearly as bad before. 

Also thanks I'll try that. 

& Stretch your arm.

http://youtu.be/d85QKyWvrbI

This happens when I tend to go past 285 when benching. Kills my elbows.

That may be it. I also experience some fairly intense pain in my shoulder at random times for a very short amount of time. 

"It's cancer..." -Web MD.

Tennis elbow

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Progress slower, let your muscles build up and catch up. Usually you will experience this pain in joints, for me it was my left hand joints. Just ease up on the benchpress for a bit and recover your elbow. The pain WILL get worse if you continue, muscles and joints need recovery time. Maybe even take a few days off. Injuries from lifting can be very painful and cause quite a bit of damage if you are careless, especially those with joints and spine (deadlift and squat warning!). Consult a doctor if the pain doesn't stop and even if it does go in for a check up. :)

take it easy, don't work out every day, especially not if you're trying to build muscle. Every second day has worked like a charm for me, when I first started, I went three days straight and then couldn't move at all for a week. As soon as you start feeling pain (that isn't just a sore muscle) anywhere, give that area a rest for at least a few days more than the pain needs to go away. If the pain gets too bad, go see a doctor, that's the only place you'll get real advice and treatment. 

Always be careful and work your way up, you wouldn't be the first to seriously injure yourself by working out too hard.

Edit, if you've had it for over a year in both elbow and shoulder, do yourself a favor and go see a doctor. Better safe than sorry, right? Untreated joint problems can come back and bite you hard, once you get older.

How long do I still have to live Doctor?

It's "hard" to tell

I'll have to "anal"ize you "deeper"

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!