How many fans should i get for my BitFenix Merc Alpha?

mads243

The case comes with only one fan and i will be using the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO for my cpu. The case in total can have a total of 7 120mm fans. What fans should i get to air cool my case, what i want are that are good, but not too expensive.

I have looked at a few fans and 3 of them i got interested in,

Cooler Master R4-L2R-20AC-GP, Noctua NF-F12 PWM and the Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition TWIN PACK.

Can you guys think of any other fan that is better and how i should place my fans in the case.

The case comes with only one fan and i will be using the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO for my cpu. The case in total can have a total of 7 120mm fans. What fans should i get to air cool my case' date=' what i want are that are good, but not too expensive. I have looked at a few fans and 3 of them i got interested in, Cooler Master R4-L2R-20AC-GP, Noctua NF-F12 PWM and the Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition TWIN PACK. Can you guys think of any other fan that is better and how i should place my fans in the case. [/quote']

I have both the Cooler Master R4-L2R-20AC-GP fans and the SP120 Quiet Edition fans, 2 of each. I can ony give you advice on the fact that they are on my H100i nothing else, I have never used them for case fans just the H100i.

I first started with the sp120s for a push config and they do a good job at 2000 RPMs I don't set them to there max because you can hear them some what at full speed not bad but you do hear them slightly. Last night I decided to see what the Coolermaster fans would be like on the H100i at 2000 Rpms. They droped my temps down 3 degrees over the sp120's and you can't hear them at all.

That said both sp120's and the SickleFlow fans are both very good fans but if you don't want to hear a peap out of your fans then I would go with the SickleFlow fans if you decide between those two fans.

Trust me I was very surprised that the sickleFlow fans did better at 2000 RPMS

The Noctua fans are better then the other 2 fans you have chosen but man the color scheme on them are horrible lol :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I would look at those Corsair Air Series fans - very good at moving air. The Noctua NF-F12's are more for static pressure, like on your CPU, rads, etc..

I would run two exhaust on the top, with the 7v resistor. Run the rear exhaust, again, with the 7v resistor that comes with the Corsair ones. Two on the front for intake.

Now, do you have one really hot GPU? Or two? Then may also want to add one or both of the side fans as well as intake to help cool the GPU as well.

If temps starts to get to hi, remove some of the resistors to speed things up at the tradeoff of noise. But the SP120 AF's are pretty quiet.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I will only have one GPU, but i am hoping to add a second one. If i get the sp 120 should i completely cover my case with fans or just do have a few fans doing some work.

I have heard how to place fans but im not sure about the airflow. I was thinking of placing 2 120mm fans in the front, leaving the 120mm in the back. I was also thinking of putting two more 120mm fans on the side and leaving the top of the empty so i can create positive pressure and let the warm air escape since warm air rises. What do you guys think.

I will only have one GPU, but i am hoping to add a second one. If i get the sp 120 should i completely cover my case with fans or just do have a few fans doing some work.

I have heard how to place fans but im not sure about the airflow. I was thinking of placing 2 120mm fans in the front, leaving the 120mm in the back. I was also thinking of putting two more 120mm fans on the side and leaving the top of the empty so i can create positive pressure and let the warm air escape since warm air rises. What do you guys think.

Scratch what i said, i will use the SickleFlow fans for my case fans not the sp 120.

How about some BitFenix fans? Or some Scythes if you can find them. R4s are loud as hell just FYI

How about some BitFenix fans? Or some Scythes if you can find them. R4s are loud as hell just FYI
Found the BitFenix Spectre, are those good as case fans?

spectre are fine, but the spectre pro is a heck of alot better.. the noctua NF-P12

is a better case fan to research and usually better in pricing then the F12.

if i were using a bitfenix case, id try to use the bitfenix fans. the pros work very

well. but you dont have to fill every hole with a fan..

two front intake, one in the rear case would be all thats needed for the EVO.

installing the roof fans (so close to the HSF) makes the fans competitive and

usually the HSF fans loose making temps warmer.

airdeano

The spectro pro fans is what I use for my case fans I bought them because they look cool They do push good air through them I have 6 in total but im only using 4 of them as my case fans the other 2 I still have in the boxes. I have 1 spectro pro 200mm fan in the front and 2 120mm on the HDD cage and 1 140mm on the back exhaust. I have no problem with them and they keep my rig nice and cool. There are better fans out there for the price range of the spectro pros but I went for looks as well. If you like the way they look and want style in your rig and over all good air flow I would recommend them

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I would think 2 specter pro's in the front and 1 in the rear :3 that way you'll have positive pressure and less dust... if your psu is pulling from the bottom of the case, you'll have neutral pressure and still no dust :) there is really no need to load it up with 7 fans :P

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Stick 2 fans in the front , and 2 fans at the back top and rear slowed down , job done for any rig