Using small taskbar buttons question?

IBIubbleTea

Have been switching between the normal and small size task bar and I noticed something. My notifications don't show on the left sized Icons but show on the right size. Of course I could get use to it but I was just wondering if this is normal or if there was a fix for it?

q4noA5b.png

In the picture you see how Skype doesn't show the notification on the left size but does on the right size. When I go back to the normal size everything is there. Also this happens to all the other apps that has a little icon like the Google Chrome beta and such.

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

This I would like to know, but I don't think there's a fix. Might be a result of Windows having static icons or something?

you could try to only "group icons when the task bar is full", then you get small writing showing the current window title and this might provide enough space for notifications to show.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Applications have to have support for small icon notification written in, sames as normal sized. That being said, I'm not sure if you're just having a bug, or if Skype doesn't have this. Taskbar notification icons are auto-sized by Windows, so they're excluded from the sizing dilemma.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

I am so confused, what is the problem?

I see all my icons when I put my task bar small. Is an icon missing when task bar is set to be small? How does it look like when the task bar is big?

Are talking about the notification tray icons? If so, did you see under the Up arrow, if the icon is there?

I am so confused, what is the problem?

I see all my icons when I put my task bar small. Is an icon missing when task bar is set to be small? How does it look like when the task bar is big?

Are talking about the notification tray icons? If so, did you see under the Up arrow, if the icon is there?

Compared to this.

diJQWeG.png

See how you can see the notification on the left size when in normal sized taskbar. 

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

Compared to this.

diJQWeG.png

See how you can see the notification on the left size when in normal sized taskbar. 

Applications have to have support for small icon notification written in, sames as normal sized. That being said, I'm not sure if you're just having a bug, or if Skype doesn't have this. Taskbar notification icons are auto-sized by Windows, so they're excluded from the sizing dilemma.

(Repeated post for emphasis)

Regardless of how you feel about it, I don't even see the need for you to use small taskbar icons, when you barely have anything pinned, as the taskbar itself only shrinks by... maybe 10% in height.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section