Hyperx Cloud vs Ath m40x

lebrelete

Hi guys, i'm in doubt of buying the hyperx cloud or the ath m40x i usually hear music in the bus, but also i saw the HyperX cloud and it has a microphone, I dont know if the sound is good as the ath m40x because, what you recommend for me guys? Just about the headphones itself

ATH M30X and a modmic

boom you have an amazing sounding headset

Do you think that buying the m40x worth it? I mean... Between the m30x and the hyperx cloud, because I also like to hear music.

M30x is great for PC use but it does have a extremely long cable. M40x would be great. Definitely better than the hyoerx cloud

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Do you think that buying the m40x worth it? I mean... Between the m30x and the hyperx cloud, because I also like to hear music.

it depends on your music tastes

the hyperx clouds have nice bass, but recessed mids

Great for EDM/drum n bass/dubstep/-insert word here-step, etc

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

Somewhat recessed, nothing big though.  If the OP plays games, they're better for that purpose because of their soundstage and imaging. 

I listen mostly to Rhapsody of Firef and Dream Theater, and bass for me has to be Really defined but not that OP

M30x is great for PC use but it does have a extremely long cable. M40x would be great. Definitely better than the hyoerx cloud

and you think that the m40x is a big improvement over the m30x?

and you think that the m40x is a big improvement over the m30x?

Yes I would say so that 30 extra dollars for better quality, slightly clearer vocals and a removable cable.

Yes I would say so that 30 extra dollars for better quality, slightly clearer vocals and a removable cable.

Okay, thanks man, i will go for the m40x because for gaming i don't really need those surround gaming headsets that you know where the sound came from, I will buy a mod mic and that is going to be really good I think for a headset

Just how long is the cable?  :huh:

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Just how long is the cable?  :huh:

9.3 feet

Hi guys, i'm in doubt of buying the hyperx cloud or the ath m40x i usually hear music in the bus, but also i saw the HyperX cloud and it has a microphone, I dont know if the sound is good as the ath m40x because, what you recommend for me guys? Just about the headphones itself

Oh god no, definitely go with the ATHs. The HyperX Cloud is a shitty kiddie headset, the ATHs are proper men headphones.

I'd actually recommend getting the ATH-M50X over the M40s. Or just ATH-M50s - the X model has just a removable cable. But yeah, the M50 models have better sound and quality, as well as better durability than the M40 models.

Oh, and if you go with the M50s, you'll have an option for a coiled cable, so the length won't matter - if you're taking them portably, the cable will be small and coiled, but if you need it to stretch and be longer, it can because, again, it's coiled.

Oh god no, definitely go with the ATHs. The HyperX Cloud is a shitty kiddie headset, the ATHs are proper men headphones.

I'd actually recommend getting the ATH-M50X over the M40s. Or just ATH-M50s - the X model has just a removable cable. But yeah, the M50 models have better sound and quality, as well as better durability than the M40 models.

No. The HyperX Cloud isn't a "Kiddie" headset. The M50X' sound very similar to the M40x, a bit more bass, and costs significantly more. The M40X' are a better choice over the M50s because of various issue's they've fixed and features they've added. (Including better padding) They're also just as well built. 

No. The HyperX Cloud isn't a "Kiddie" headset.

Yes it is.

The M50X' sound very similar to the M40x and costs significantly more.

Head-Fi.org have done objective tests, the M50 has better sound than the M40. Whether the cost is worth it to OP is his decision, but having owned and used both for 100s of hours each, I'd definitely recommend the M50. There are no audio quality difference between M50 and M50X though, so whether the removable cable is worth it for you OP, that's for you to decide.

Yes it is.

Head-Fi.org have done objective tests, the M50 has better sound than the M40. Whether the cost is worth it to OP is his decision, but having owned and used both for 100s of hours each, I'd definitely recommend the M50. There are no audio quality difference between M50 and M50X though, so whether the removable cable is worth it for you OP, that's for you to decide.

I own the M50s too. I bet you've never owned the HyperX Clouds, maybe try them yourself before judging, or your opinion is worthless. Head fi is going to be head fi. There's a lot of Placebo in the audio field, and you're recommended that the OP spends an extra $70 on a minimal difference. I've never been satisfied with the M50s, but it doesn't make them a bad product. You read something online, which leads you to believe something is better than something when you haven't even used both products. 

Yes it is.

Uh...

Just how do you objectively prove that one headphone sounds better than the other for everybody?

Custom cables? So you can listen to the headphone at work, while your media player is at home?

Lol. Absolutely, I got the $15000 cables and bought many of them and patched them together so I can get audiophile sound with my computer at home and my headphones at work.

No, the HD800 cable is 3m long by default.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Uh...

Just how do you objectively prove that one headphone sounds better than the other for everybody?

Lol. Absolutely, I got the $15000 cables and bought many of them and patched them together so I can get audiophile sound with my computer at home and my headphones at work.

No, the HD800 cable is 3m long by default.

Ummmm....because 'we' think so, and 'we' said so, so it's must be the truth....

- Excuse me sir, can you do a custom length cable for me? I need a rather long cable

- Certainly, how long do you need?

- Well, from my home to my work place is 2 miles. Bends and forks accounted, 2,8 miles should be enough.

HyperX Clouds

They're a kiddie "MLG L33T GAMUR XD" headset. Also, why would you buy headsets ever?

Head fi is going to be head fi. There's a lot of Placebo in the audio field

Uh...

Wait, so objective science is 'placebo' now? Holy fuck, you have no idea what you're talking about do you?

For example, see below image.

Frequency Response should be as flat as possible. It's objectively better than a Frequency Response that is not as flat as possible. Harmonic Distortion is the same: flat is better than not flat. Same with Isolation and Impedance. Square Wave Response should be as square as possible, square is better than not square. So yes, headphones CAN BE objectively superior, we are talking literal objective numbers, not someone's opinion. So before you try and act all smart, maybe actually stay quiet when you have zero idea what you're talking about.

As for the M50s over the M40s, the M50s are considerably better when it comes to things such as Frequency Response. Having owned both M40s and M50s, the M50s are considerbaly better, very much so in my opinion. The point is, you don't have to trust my opinion, because the objective facts are available for the OP to make his own mind up. You can find M40 and M50 comparisons online, or at Head-Fi.

1335901596068.png

They're a kiddie "MLG L33T GAMUR XD" headset. Also, why would you buy headsets ever?

Wait, so objective science is 'placebo' now? Holy fuck, you have no idea what you're talking about do you?

For example, see below image.

Frequency Response should be as flat as possible. It's objectively better than a Frequency Response that is not as flat as possible. Harmonic Distortion is the same: flat is better than not flat. Same with Isolation and Impedance. Square Wave Response should be as square as possible, square is better than not square. So yes, headphones CAN BE objectively superior, we are talking literal objective numbers, not someone's opinion. So before you try and act all smart, maybe actually stay quiet when you have zero idea what you're talking about.

As for the M50s over the M40s, the M50s are considerably better when it comes to things such as Frequency Response. Having owned both M40s and M50s, the M50s are considerbaly better, very much so in my opinion. The point is, you don't have to trust my opinion, because the objective facts are available for the OP to make his own mind up. You can find M40 and M50 comparisons online, or at Head-Fi.

How ignorant are you? "They're a kiddie "MLG L33T GAMUR XD" headset. Also, why would you buy headsets ever?" Maybe you should go back to Head-Fi if you can't handled a more casual take on audio... You don't think headsets are viable, guess what, shit tons of people buy them still. If I put a Mod Mic on my HD650, do they suddenly turn in the an "MLG L33T GAMUR XD""?

Uh, we never said the M40s sounded better than the M50s nor the other way. And you're denying that fact that there's placebo in audio? I never said anything about your "objective science", maybe you should try reading our replies thoroughly. Dark_Wizzie was asking how can you objectively prove that one headphone sounds better than another for EVERYONE. Maybe we should give the M40s and M50s to some random people on the street, do you really think every time they'll be able to tell you which one sounds "better"? I don't care if X is "better" than Y. If they person buying the product can't hear a difference, why spend more. But why argue, It's not like you're going to change our opinions, nor the other way.