Possible IPS Gaming Monitor BenQ GW2765HT

Gix7Fifty

What are you going to pay for it?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Amazon has it for less and free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-GW2765HT-27-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00KYCSRSG

As for what I think of it I don't know yet ... and now I do.

I remember looking at 1440p monitors and others that were less than 4K and I kept seeing prices dropping and dropping on 4K and said to myself how can I buy a monitor that will be obsolete in no time and so I decided for me I will not upgrade til I can run 4K at 60 fps.  That is my choice just saying.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

@DeViLzzz I think im gonna wait, they have some g sync tn 144hz 1080p panels coming out shortly.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Amazon has it for less and free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-GW2765HT-27-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00KYCSRSG

As for what I think of it I don't know yet ... and now I do.

I remember looking at 1440p monitors and others that were less than 4K and I kept seeing prices dropping and dropping on 4K and said to myself how can I buy a monitor that will be obsolete in no time and so I decided for me I will not upgrade til I can run 4K at 60 fps.  That is my choice just saying.

I think it will be several years before 4k gaming is practical.  even if displays come way down in price, we need huge performance increases from GPUs.  Once you can run 4k with a single $400 GPU with good frame rates, on the latest games, then we're golden, but that day is a long way off.  I'd say at least 5 years, maybe more.

Keep in mind new games are always getting more graphically intense and need more power.  In order for GPUs to catch up to 4k, they need to not only keep pace with requirements of new games, they need to go even faster to close the gap between 1440p and 4k.  That will take time, and should not be a deal breaker for hardware purchases this year.  

I would argue that 4k might be 5 to 10 years away for mainstream gaming.  The reason I say that is, back in 2008 when I bought my current monitor (1920x1200), 1600p monitors were available but you pretty much needed an SLI/CF rig to power them.  Today, you can maybe run that resolution with a 780 Ti, and for the more popular 1440p you can run with a 780 or R9 290x.

Hmmm, I wonder, what would a graph look like if you were to plot average monitor resolution (for gaming) over time.  what would the slope of that line be?  I remember gaming on 800x600 back in the 90s.  then it was 1024x768, and so on...

Anyway, the point is, the jump to 4k is not incremental. It's huge.  And unless there is a huge jump in GPU performance, we'll be waiting a long time before normal budgets can play on 4k.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

I sill think that this is the best IPS gaming monitor. Great screen, vivid colors and stuff. Linus made some videos unboxing and testing it. 

http://www.asus.com/Commercial_Monitors_Projectors/PB278Q/ 

Professional 27” 16:9 2560 x 1440 WQHD LED-backlit Monitor
  • Impeccable lifelike visuals with 27” 16:9 2560 x 1440 with 100% sRGB 
    178° wide-viewing angle
  • Extensive connectivity with native WQHD content support with HDMI, 
    DisplayPort, and Dual-link DVI
  • ASUS-exclusive QuickFit Virtual Scale and Splendid Video Intelligence Technology for true ‘what you see is what you get’
  • Ergonomic tilt, swivel, pivot, and height adjustment plus smart cable management

27" check

IPS check

1440p check

4ms response not too bad

60hz aww jeez

http://www.benq.us/product/monitor/GW2765HT

What do you guys think?

I'm actually planning on getting two of these with my build this year. I hope they turn out to be good. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator