B85-G43 for gaming?

Ive heard some pretty bad stuff about B85 chipsets and thier limitations.

Could someone give me a heads up on the cons of this motherboard? 

its a "MSI B85-G43 Gaming Motherboard"
B85-G43-GAMING-thumb.jpg

heres what it looks like;

B85-G43-GAMING-large.jpg

Im going to pair this with a "MSI Radeon R9 280 Gaming 3GB"
R9280-GAMING-3G-th.jpg

Will this "B85" chipset hinder my gaming performance?

Looking to play Battlefield 4 on ultra on 1080P at atleast 50 ~ 60 FPS average. Is this achievable?

CPU: i5 4590  Motherboard: H97M-G43   RAM: Hyperx fury 8GB   GPU: EVGA 750ti FTW edition   Case: NZXT P240  Cooling: Corsair H55

BOOM BOOM!

your gaming performance should not be effected the msi gaming series of boards are decent products

Good news is it has Devil's Canyon support.  As for bad news I am not finding any yet for this particular board.  I did find bad news for an Asus version where there could be problems getting certain aftermarket HSFs to fit on certain B85 boards.

As for BF4 ...

Well the R9 280 I believe is the same or similar to this card and this guy is using the mobo (or similar) you will be using and he is getting 55 average with a nice minimum of 42 on Ultra/Full HD.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

if you have a locked cpu then you should choose b85 if you don`t want raid,h87/97 if you want. motherboard and chipset doesn`t affect performance. you can put a gtx 780 and i5 4460 on a b85 board and you have a high end gaming rig

this particular b85 board get the 'gaming' name because of the color and that better onboard sound

Edited by s3ns3

Good news is it has Devil's Canyon support.  As for bad news I am not finding any yet for this particular board.  I did find bad news for an Asus version where there could be problems getting certain aftermarket HSFs to fit on certain B85 boards.

As for BF4 ...

Well the R9 280 I believe is the same or similar to this card and this guy is using the mobo (or similar) you will be using and he is getting 55 average with a nice minimum of 42 on Ultra/Full HD.

OH YAY! :D Im going to use a i5 4590 for the cpu which pretty much performs better than his 4570 so this should be perfect!  thanks man!

CPU: i5 4590  Motherboard: H97M-G43   RAM: Hyperx fury 8GB   GPU: EVGA 750ti FTW edition   Case: NZXT P240  Cooling: Corsair H55

BOOM BOOM!

if you have a locked cpu then you should choose b85 if you don`t want raid,h87/97 if you want. motherboard and chipset doesn`t affect performance. you can put a gtx 780 and i5 4460 on a b85 board and you have a high end gaming rig

this particular b85 board get the 'gaming' name because of the color and that better onboard sound

Im going to use a i5 4590 which yeah doesnt support any overclocking at all :) Also i will be using a one 240GB  SSD for OS and BF4 and 1TB WD Black for everything else :) so no raid for me i just cant afford dual or triple SSDs or HDDs

BOOM BOOM!

I have seen where some B85 boards support overclocking but not sure about this one but OP isn't going to overclock so who cares. LOL

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S