Sleep is for the weak

brownninja97

So it's 3.58am here in Britain. Im pumped like crazy. Anyways to cut to the chase whats the longest time you havent slept for. Mine would be around 38hours, was on a plane, you dont sleep on planes it just doesnt work.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

i'm not sure of the exact hours but around 40 hours last summer. Just for the hell of it lol

I agree. 6 hours is all you need, none of this 8-10 hours stuff

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Im gonna try and beat my record today, hopefully i can.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The longest I have never slept was an exact 24 hours, you sir are very right about planes.

I didn't sleep for 3 whole days once.

damn thats extreme.

Listen if you care.

Read a study that said chronic sleep deprivation is worse for you brain than being a really heavy drinking alcoholic.

CPU: 5950x @ 4.5ghz All core OC perm GPU: GTX 3090 RAM: 128gb DDR4 

62 hours, dissertation hand in up til the 54 hour mark, then i had to drive to Edinburgh and play a show (music/band).

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

Read a study that said chronic sleep deprivation is worse for you brain than being a really heavy drinking alcoholic.

Well its not the end of the world. Scientists haven't even come up with a solid conclusion as to why we even need to sleep

Listen if you care.

62 hours, dissertation hand in up til the 54 hour mark, then i had to drive to Edinburgh and play a show (music/band).

wow i dont think i could do two days thats just crazy.

Listen if you care.

wow i dont think i could do two days thats just crazy.

I had like 20 hours sleep that whole week, JavaScript boned me just before i HAD to start the report, shoulda probably started it earlier. Did 14000 words and like 30 diagrams in 52/4 hours.

I had like 20 hours sleep that whole week, JavaScript boned me just before i HAD to start the report, shoulda probably started it earlier. Did 14000 words and like 30 diagrams in 52/4 hours.

So the question after you died what was it that brought you back to life.

Listen if you care.

They actually told me that if you dont sleep it will stunt ur growth....im 16 and 6'1.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

So the question after you died what was it that brought you back to life.

Irn-Bru + Lucky Strike + Chips and Cheese

Thats what she said...

Thats awesome in a way and bad in another.

Listen if you care.

Thats awesome in a way and bad in another.

O know that I read it again, that does not sound right. Ye I did NOT mean it in that other way....I will go edit that:)

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I have slept only 1 hour and stil have work to do

I wish i can have at least an hour of Blacklight Retribution

What am I doing in this forum???

People say oh you don't need eight hours, blah blah blah. The reality of it is...it depends on you. You can't tell someone how many hours they need or don't need. If someone says they need 15 hours, they need 15 hours. If someone says they need 4 hours, they need 4 hours. And also, you need sleep. You will not survive without sleep - in fact, you'd eventually die. Though your body will make you sleep before that happens.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

11 days, i rarely sleep i suffer from a sleep disorder....

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Longest time I've slept - 47 hours (after summer camp in 5th grade)

Longest time I've been awake - around 80 hours (a touch of insomnia while in the military as the midnight sun was at it's highest) (sun never goes down in Northern Norway in the summer)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Probably a bit less than 2 days. 

I usually only get ~5 hours of sleep every night. Tonight will be an exception, going to get 7 hours of sleep. Gnight peeps!

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

I once stayed awake for 52 hours, fueled by mtn dew, and caffeine pills with a friend we made sure we did not Od on the caffeine though, I slept for 20 hours after I passed out

during that time I was in the mosh pits of two concerts, and at various parties and things before and after each ending with a 10 hour stint of playing diablo II

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.