780 vs 770

Is it worth springing of the extra money just to get the extra tiny performance as well about peripherals what would be the best one to go with for a possible triple monitor. As well what would be the best idea for a CPU dealing with triple monitor displays. 

Is it worth springing of the extra money

This is a question only YOU can answer for yourself. Everyone has a different opinion on whther it is worth it or not, depending on daily use, budget, income, etc...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If you want triple monitors, get the 780 it will definatly will worth the money (although a 290 would probably be better) also an i5 will be fine.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

The extra performance gained from a 780 over a 770 is worth it IMO I believe at 1080p it will last a year longer before needing to be replaced. But thats just me, you may have a different regard to the difference in price. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

this gtx 780 is one heck of a card, it is amazignly cool looking and the performances are great.. also, 469 $ while 2 weeks ago it was about 559$

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-gtx780dc2oc3gd5

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

This is a question only YOU can answer for yourself. Everyone has a different opinion on whther it is worth it or not, depending on daily use, budget, income, etc...

Totally agree here. It really depends on how you value it.

For a triple monitor setup I would however go with the 780 because of the more ram and better performance, this however also depends on the monitor resolution.

I think it depends if you are satisfied with the performance of the the 770 grab it and save some money, if not go 780. This is more of a personal opinion question.

Get the 780 if you can squeeze it in, the extra vram helps. I learn't the hard way, modded skyrim eats up all the vram

I would get a R9 290, the extra vram is fantastic for a triple monitor setup and it runs much cheaper than a 780, usally around a $100.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

always go for the more powerful one if you have the option man