How do you feel about AT&T sponsoring LTT at CTIA

mvitkun

I just wanted to know how everyone else felt about LTT being sponsored by AT&T -a North American Telecom which Linus has commented negatively on several times- at CTIA -a group of telecoms.

I mean usually Linus tried to pick somebody that 

A. Won't influence or appear to influence his opinion on products.

B. A company or group that he is fine with being influenced by because he personally thinks highly of their products or services.

However this time it is a company, which Linus has shown on multiple occasions, that he somewhat dislikes and that company is directly involved with what will be covered at the show.

I'm more or less fine with it as I'd like to think Linus has built up a sort of ethos -credibility- with his community and that we need to trust that on some level he takes care to provide content that expresses his honest opinion or an honest overview of a product.

In all likelihood AT&T reached out to @LinusTech to cover the show, and given the opportunity to cover tech Linus didn't want to turn the opportunity or the money down. 

Like I said above, I see no problem with this happening, I more or less trust Linus to produce content that expresses his (LTT's) thoughts on products and services which are covered by LTT.

As long as he doesn't take a sponsorship which prevents him from publishing content that speaks negatively of AT&T or positively of their competitors, which I doubt he'd do, I'm fine with this kind of sponsorship.

OUR LEADER HAS SPOKEN:

Luke and Logan disagreed with ATTs classification of broadband as 4 megabits. I trust Linus. I think that a deep dislike-bordering-on-hatred exists in all techies against ISPs, because we know they're trying to shaft us. 

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

I Trust Linus to not be corrupted

But Hugely Dislike AT&T sorry I mean the devil 

They are just evil 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400