Iphone 6 Disappointment

Only thing that I'm annoyed about is why they did not get rid of that stupid protruding camera and got a larger battery instead. 

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

No, what I meant was that at the end of the day, it's main job is to be a phone. That means call people and text people. Anything extra, like apps, music, internet etc is a luxury that people these days seem wrongly to take for granted. What is the point about getting fanatically excited about something that was originally designed to be put to your ear to speak into and listen to other people talking back? (Rhetorical)

That's the worst cop out I've seen here. I'm tempted to just add you straight into my ignore list for it.

I shall think on it but yeah, NO

-------

Current Rig

-------

Well, it did sorta introduce the smartphone with the iPhone 2G.

there were palm type devices as well as symbian phones way before that. I'm OK with saying it made them more popular but it was nothing really new.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1. The camera is great. I think it's now a 12 MP camera engineered by Sony, one of the best camera makers in the world. And if it sticks out a little, nobody cares. My phone's camera sticks out a little bit, but it's fine.

2. the 1080P screen is fine, but I kinda agree. It would be awesome if Apple put a 2K screen inside the 6+.

3. iOS 8. It's supposed to cover a wide range of iDevices, including the 4S. Can your Samsung Galaxy S3 get KitKat? No. Android L? No.

Dude, you explained everything I wanted to say perfectly. Total perfecto.

Yes, the s3 can get kitkat. http://www.android.gs/att-galaxy-s3-android-4-4-2-kitkat-official-update-now-available/

iPhone vs. Android Flagship 

• CPU: Dual core A8 vs. Quad core Snapdragon (we all know how much the number of cores actually matters)--for non-gaming use they perform virtually the same (look up almost any speed test comparing an iphone 5s to One M8/S5/other). As for gaming I'm not sure as I don't play games (so i dont really care either). 
  • GPU: See above.
  • RAM: Again, see above. Yes, the iPhone has much less RAM--but does it matter?--iOS is much lighter than Android. 
  • Screen Size: 4.7"/5.5" vs. 4.7"/5"/5.5" 
  • Resolution: Lower resolution than Android, but in actual functionality it's a small difference. 
  • Camera: iPhone's camera is superior to everything (excluding Xperias) 
  • Battery: Android's the clear winner, but even with the iPhone I still dont burn through a battery in a day anyway.  
  • Memory: Android's also the clear winner, as memory is expandable and cheaper. 
  • Price: Android is cheaper, but the price difference can be made it during a resale as Apple products hold their value exceedingly well.
  • Gimmicky features: iPhone/Galaxy's fingerprint scanner, IR blaster, NFC, 64 bit,

Android vs. iOS

• Customizability: Android is clearly ahead--until you jailbreak an iPhone then they're pretty similar 
  • Free apps: easy to download any app off the internet (as can a jailbroken iPhone download stuff from Cydia) 
  • Root access: Android wins since its not possible on the iPhone. 
  • Interface: virtually the same 
  • Android is closer tied to google while iOS is closely intertwined with OSX. 
  • Notification/command center: slightly better on Android (until iPhone is jailbroken) 
  • Tethering: Tethering used to be easily doable for free on Android compared to an iPhone, but this may (?) be possible for free with iOS as you can share a connection with a mac (although, Im not sure if it requires an additional tethering fee or not). 

So, what did I miss? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1- I am talking about trips and vacations as far as carrying one around. MY WHOLE POINT is that in a smartphone you don't really need a high end camera. Yeah, sure, when you pay that much it is nice to have. My point is ITS NOT NECESSARY FOR EVERYDAY USE. I can think of serveral things i would rather see in the place of a big camera on a phone.

2-I guess so, because I thought it was pretty clear, or maybe you don't really have a good answer. (just sayin :/)

3-Clearly you are not a smart watch person, and your third point is more of an opinion rather than being based on some sort of facts. Smartwatches are not a replacement for phones. In my PERSONAL OPINION they are supposed to be a cool watch that shows you notifications. Lets say you buy the basic pebble steel for $229 and you buy the $19.99 steel wrist band. This is still a hundred dollars below Apple's not so impressive looking smartwatch. So yeah a dollar to dollar comparason, like you suggested, reveals the iwatch is not all it is cracked up to be.

And it's a good thing Apple holds value, because it makes an easier sale when you found out you screwed up. (I own an iPhone 5, so don't assume I completely hate Apple)

dude for the first point people want a camera because of social media mayb u dont but there are millions of people who want a camera and a better one at that rather than going out and buying a separate one

System Specs~~~~~

Case-Corsair Air 540                                   CPU-i7 4770k                           Ram-Corsair Vengeance 16 Gbs    PSU-Corsair RM1000

Motherboard-Asus Maximus VI Formula    Graphics-Asus Gtx 780 Ti x2     CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i               SSDs-Corsair Force GS 128/360 Gb       

That's the worst cop out I've seen here. I'm tempted to just add you straight into my ignore list for it.

I shall think on it but yeah, NO

I'm confused on how you've interpreted my comment. I state what a phones base principles are and how people seem to take smartphones for granted these days, and that people are getting excited over something that I personally have viewed as not really innovative, and you appear to take it with great offence. It's not a cop out, it's what I was trying to get across. C'est la vie.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I thought the camera was pretty neat, but I already use my phone's camera so little that praise or criticism both become moot. I guess I wasn't disappointed because we'd seen the sizes they had decided on for a while now, and that alone was enough to kill any consideration. They missed a couple more of my preferences so I'm not even remotely interested in the device.

Same can be said for the watch, no disappointment because I never would have considered purchasing it.

Ellen is a troll among gods. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III