[Question] Is there anything you would like to see from the Phanteks Enthoo Pro?

Kiwiandapple

Hello, 

I ordered the Phanteks Enthoo Pro a few days ago and it should arrive wednesday. 
There are a good amount of review of this case out allready, but if there is anything you would like to see from this case that others did not go into much yet, let me know and I will see what I can do! 

Thanks. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

@Kiwiandapple White edition. Have they done that already? Then Black editi..joking :)

Maybe increase the entire cases dimensions to fit more stuff probably & be less square because it's about thinking outside of the box :P Corsair & Caselabs imo dominate because everyone likes the boring simplicity of right angle edges.

Edited by wng_kingsley7

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Hah, sorry I ordered the black one. They do have a white one as well. Click on the white image. I almost went for that one instead, but then decided against it. Would mean my color scheme would most white, beige, dark brown and black. As well I don't think it would look good in my room!  

I am not sure what you mean with "increase the entire case dimensions to fit more stuff"? I can measure up the case very well with all the options that you have. But I won't be able to increase the size of the case if you mean that? 

I don't think that Corsair really dominates the case market anymore. Fractal, NZXT and CoolerMaster do make amazing cases for the price.  

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Sound dampening material added to the side panels and get rid of that mini window thing.

Sound dampening material added to the side panels and get rid of that mini window thing.

Suppose I did not make it very clear. It's impossible for me to remove the mini window and I actually will make use of it. I quite like this window. You will see later.

Sound dampening material could be an option at later date. But not to sure how much this would help with the front and top being very open with mesh. 

i just want to see a regular build on it....

Hmm, well! What exactly do you want to see?

I have the option to get a build going fairly easy without to much hassle. Do you want to see a video or just pictures of all the components and me going over what I found easy or difficult with this case? Give me more information and I will do my best to provide! 

Enthoo-Pro-49.jpg

Is it possible to mount a 200mm fan on the top of the case? (without modding)

I'm planning on getting this case fairly soon, and plan to replace the front 200mm with two 140mm fans, and move the 200mm to the top (as an exhaust fan).

And also, is it possible to power the built-in fan hub with just a SATA power cable from the PSU (and NOT connecting it to the motherboard)? I hear some people have trouble getting the fan hub to work when not connecting it to the motherboard CPU fan header.

(I've got a Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 motherboard and a Corsair HX-1050W PSU)

Any information would be appreciated.

Is it possible to mount a 200mm fan on the top of the case? (without modding)

I'm planning on getting this case fairly soon, and plan to replace the front 200mm with two 140mm fans, and move the 200mm to the top (as an exhaust fan).

And also, is it possible to power the built-in fan hub with just a SATA power cable from the PSU (and NOT connecting it to the motherboard)? I hear some people have trouble getting the fan hub to work when not connecting it to the motherboard CPU fan header.

(I've got a Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 motherboard and a Corsair HX-1050W PSU)

Any information would be appreciated.

I know that it's possible to place a 200mm fan on the top at the back, it's not possible in the middle but it is possible in the "front" if you mod it ever so slightly and remove the 5,25" bays I believe. But as far as I can tell you don't want to do that and this should be all possible. 

I will test this out just for you, but it got a Sata power cable included, I would not quite understand how this couldn't work. All it does is provide 12V power to the PCB wich then means that all fans will run at their max speed. I got a RM850.

Pretty much everything you need to know about the Enthoo Pro

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Pretty much everything you need to know about the Enthoo Pro

Correct, this + the hardware cannucks video are 2 very good videos to watch if you just want to have a good feel what is possible with this case.

I will still do my own review and will give extra attention to what people ask for here. So far it only seems to be that somebody wants to see a full build in it and the fan hub powered by Sata. Wich I will provide enough information about.  

I asked about specific parts that people want to see me delve into.

I think I will make a video and make a good amount of pictures to make it as clear as possible. 

Sadly, I don't think that I have a tripod for my camera! :(  

Correct, this + the hardware cannucks video are 2 very good videos to watch if you just want to have a good feel what is possible with this case.

I will still do my own review and will give extra attention to what people ask for here. So far it only seems to be that somebody wants to see a full build in it and the fan hub powered by Sata. Wich I will provide enough information about.  

I asked about specific parts that people want to see me delve into.

I think I will make a video and make a good amount of pictures to make it as clear as possible. 

Sadly, I don't think that I have a tripod for my camera! :(

You get yourself hard and you become a human tripod.  If you catch my drift...

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

You get yourself hard and you become a human tripod.  If you catch my drift...

I do, but no, I will just use a ladder and make my own tri-pod to record.  

Will use my own hand to make pictures and pray that I can be steady. 

Will see how pictures look like after I am done, if I am unhappy about them I will play around a little longer to  get good quality pictures!