PayPal and Coinbase are partnering to enable Bitcoin payments

qwertywarrior

(insert : late to the party comments)

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/08/paypal-bitcoin/

Remember that One Touch mobile payment solution PayPal announced last month? It's ready -- Braintree CEO Bill Ready announced at Disrupt that customers with the PayPal app will have access to mobile payments starting today. The mobile payment platform is the first fruit Braintree has borne since PayPal acquired it last year, but it isn't the last: Ready says his company is laying the foundation for PayPal Bitcoin payments, too.

Ready says that PayPal is partnering with Coinbase to enable a Bitcoin-based payment system. "This would be PayPal's first foray into Bitcoin," he said. "But it's via the Braintree platform." That service is still in the works, he says, and it won't be handled exclusively through PayPal -- merchants interested in using the emerging system will need a Coinbase wallet to accept payments.

post-15704-0-25926500-1410206709.gif

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Everyone other then Canada doesn't really care about bitcoins. :| It's nice but bitcoins aren't something I'd rather use over my debit/credit card for payments

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Everyone other then Canada doesn't really care about bitcoins. :| It's nice but bitcoins aren't something I'd rather use over my debit/credit card for payments

:)

3020559-inline-bitcoinbypopmap.png

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

3020559-inline-bitcoinbypopmap.png

yeah but other then miners actually used bitcoins... like many non tech people.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

SNIP

I sit just me or is Finland darker than any of the other countries? I know there is a massive population difference between the US and Finland but still.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

yeah but other then miners actually used bitcoins... like many non tech people.

it took me a while to understand what you meant by miners

i was like wtf do coal miners etc have to do with bitcoins xD

not many mine now unlike before

bitcoins for payment is growing at a fast rate though especially in California

I sit just me or is Finland darker than any of the other countries? I know there is a massive population difference between the US and Finland but still.

I think you are correct, probably because of the low amount of people in finland (per square km), but I do think the Netherlands are just as dark.

Anyway it is interesting that they are implementing bitcoin, although I'm still not too sure if it can really be a viable payment option because of its unreliable value

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates