Opinions on Spotify

Imabigmac

Well Spotify started an early access type program for Spotify Canada service. Now Spotify has been in others countries for awhile, what the opinion of Spotify from user who have had access to it for awhile? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

oooo how do you enter the early access program? 

I know a few friends that use US spotify and they really like it.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I have used it for a while now and I think its fairly good, if you use the free version the audio files aren't the highest quality but i find that there is little difference and it is nice for listening to songs while I wait to save up money to buy them. If however I just wanna listen to an album like 4 times then never listen to it again spotify is the best for that.

CPU i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 RAM 16GB Patriot Somthingortheother GPU XFX 7870 GHz Edition Case Corsair Vengeance C-70 Black Storage 120GB Kingston HyperX 3k + 1tb Seagate HDD PSU Corsair HX650  

Displays 2 old 1080p Acer and Samsung ones Cooling Corsair H60

† TTCF Member †

oooo how do you enter the early access program? 

I know a few friends that use US spotify and they really like it.

https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/invite/

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

personally i use pandora, i like the lay out more and i find it easier to customize stations 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

personally i use pandora, i like the lay out more and i find it easier to customize stations 

I can't officially get that in Canada, but there ways around that. 

Spoiler

I can't officially get that in Canada, but there ways around that. 

yea forgot to mention that you won't be able to access it without switching your ip or whatever 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Great service, especially for the price :-) Now they only need to add flac quality.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Its a good service, only the price is a bit high, when I'm commuting I don't always have reliable internet connection and downloading songs is only supported for premium members. And although the service is good, I don't think it is worth 10eu per months for premium when I can simply use the piratebay or Youtube dl's for my offline needs. When you have a reliable internet connection though Spotify is really great.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I use Spotify Premium and I love it so much. I use it everyday, they have most (but not all) of the songs I want, and I could not live without it.

Spotify is incredible.

Simple as that.

I am in the UK so have has Spotify for a good few years with a premium subscription.

I can't fault it much apart from it sometimes not having some of the more obscure tracks or artists. but this normally comes down to the record labels or the artists themselves not letting spotify stream their music.

I use the desktop app pretty much every day and the mobile apps daily for my commute to and from work, being able to easily download tracks to your phone for offline listening is great. Yes there are cheaper ways to get music on your phone but hey I like simple.

There is a linux desktop version available for the penguins among us, I have used this and again no issues but as you would expect there is proprietary stuff in it.

have a look at google music as well, they offer a similar service but I only used it for about a day so I am not sure of the music library or compatibility between devices.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Premium user. Love it. Especially with the half price premium because I am a student in education.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

I see no benefit over XBox Music subscription, which is available in Canada since a few years already, and has a vast amount of music.

My only complain about it, is that you can't have a radio based on genre. The radio system works based on the artists you are listening with, where it looks at its bio, and fetch other artists songs that was influence, or have influence the artists you are listening with, or has work with, and so on. So I get why there isn't by genre, but it would be nice. Sometimes you just want to listen a genre, and discover music that way. But beside that, great service.

I see no benefit from Spotify over XBox Music, at least for now.

Unless you enjoy video ads, which will be now playing with Spotify.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/8/6120743/spotify-video-ads

spotify is possibly one of the best things to appear on the internet, legit there are like 2 songs that ive ever tried to listen to on spotify that i couldnt find, but they werent copyright songs so i guess it doesnt count :P but man to think that other countries havent had spotify until now concerns me :/ i use it every day

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Using soundcloud instead. Works just as great, has all the songs and remixes i want AND i save money.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black