Corsair CS850M - 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold PSU

MattP123

@MattP123

If it ends up costing $139.99 then I don't see much value to it, the RM850 and HX850 are available for the same price.

@#PC Luv

They're releasing it, pretty sure CS series only extended from 450 - 750 watts.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

What about it?

I hadn't seen it before and wanted people who haven't seen it, see it. 

@MattP123

If it ends up costing $139.99 then I don't see much value to it, the RM850 and HX850 are available for the same price.

I know, I just had not seen it before. 

I hadn't seen it before and wanted people who haven't seen it, see it. 

I think almost everyone has seen it. But it's pointless when you can get a RM 850 for cheaper.

I think almost everyone has seen it. But it's pointless when you can get a RM 850 for cheaper.

There wasn't a thread on it, so I made one. 

the cs series came out like last year i remember seeing a thread about it

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/73498-cs-series-of-power-supplies-announced-by-corsair/

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I honestly feel like I could get a similar quality, fully modular 850W PSU for cheaper.

The EVGA 850W G2 is $100 right now actually, and that's fully modular.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I honestly feel like I could get a similar quality, fully modular 850W PSU for cheaper.

The EVGA 850W G2 is $100 right now actually, and that's fully modular.

Going Semi-Mod on the 24-pin and the CPU power saves space in the end while not losing any functionality.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Double post error, damn mobile site.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I kind of agree that this is uncalled for. This is effectively an 850W 80Plus Gold CXM unit. That's how jonnyguru described the CSM Series; 80Plus Gold semi-modular CX units. If you actually need 850W (think 2x R9 290 Vapor X overclocked with good overclocked CPU) then you definitely want something better than this, and probably have the budget for something better than this. This doesn't make any sense. Why did Corsair think the CSM Series needed to be expanded to higher Wattages? Was there really any demand for it?

I swear if they release a CS1000M...

ANDDD corsair is stull using that crappy mesh stuff on the 24 pin.

Goddamnit Corsair, that shit don't look good.

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

EVGA G2 PSU at 750W 850W or 1KW are the choices to make for 80+ Gold at the moment.