Haswell-E Video Edit/Gaming PC

Hello , I wanted to build a Haswell-E desktop capable of fast video editing on Premiere Pro 6 and able to play games on High settings in AAA games.

Since I am living in UK for the next 3 years at least , I reckon I needed to build a brand new rig for the next few years.My Budget is around 1500 USD.

I already have a GTX 770 Lighting and Corsair GS 700 W PSU 2013 edition from my current desktop in my home country. Should I keep both parts and put in the new rig ?

Please comment your recommend builds below ! Thanks :)

If you only have $1500 you should stick to z97 and get a 4790k

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If you only have $1500 you should stick to z97 and get a 4790k

Is there a significant drop on performance on video editing and rendering between 4790k and 5820K or 5930k ? 

and will I need to buy a new PSU ?

Is there a significant drop on performance on video editing and rendering between 4790k and 5820K or 5930k ? 

and will I need to buy a new PSU ?

No your PSU will be fine. The 5820k or 4930k will maybe reduce your rendering time by 20-30%

The 4790k will still be extremely fast. I highly suggest going Z97 and buying a second (or a better) graphics card.

Going with x99 is very expensive, and with only $1.5k you will need to cut costs in areas like storage, SSD, cooling, case, etc...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Google 5930K reviews

They put them against the older ExtremeEdition CPU's as well as the other new ones.

Read and Compare

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Thanks for the replies . 

The Ivy E and Haswell is making me dizzy . What is the difference between them and for 3D Rendering and video rendering , which CPU will you guys recommend ? 

Thanks for the replies . 

The Ivy E and Haswell is making me dizzy . What is the difference between them and for 3D Rendering and video rendering , which CPU will you guys recommend ? 

IVB-E is for

a ) people who are rich and have $5k to spend on their PC

or

b ) people doing rendering or 3d modelling on a daily basis, usually as a job

IVB-E is worse for gaming and better for professional work like rendering/3d modelling but a 4790k is very close to their performance, and a much better option for 99% of people.

Get a 4790k, you will not be disappointed.

Spoiler

Thanks for the replies . 

Haswell E is "enthusiast grade hardware". It just got released so it's going to be very costly.

Just go with z97 and get i7-4790K. 

You can go with a Xeon, but since you would be gaming....

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

hey you can do what you want...... this is what you will get for 1500/1533 us dollars(check image below). In terms of storage speed, Asrock mb has a Ramdisk software, which should give you double to triple the speed of any pice or sata ssd in terms of in app performance. you coukd dedicate 4gb to your ram disk. Keep your standard hard drive. The gtx 780 6gb should help you even if marginal for your video editing. You could sell the 770 and buy a 6tb wd green hdd or an ssd.

post-124235-0-43628000-1410141084_thumb.

or you could keep the 770 and do this:

You already have a psu to handle this system btw.

Don't forget to use ramdisk.

Use the m.2 drive as boot drive and 1 or 2 other programs no more.

Use the seagate drive for your mains stuff. I chose this drive because it is a enterprise drive, it would last longer, which should decrease the probability of you getting a bad drive. It should be a while before you replace it too.

This gpu hype don't fall for it, in rendering anything above a 760 gives you marginal benefit, this includes the titan black (15 percent gain in adobe primier over gtx 760). You would make up with a 30 percent increase with the 6 core vs the 4core. I think this config would be better than a big gpu and 4 cores for video editing.

In gaming the gtx 770 should give you max frames at 1080 for most games.

This a small form factor build btw.

Don't forget to over-clock, you should be safe with a 4.4 ghz (on 6 cores) over-clock with the noctua dh15.

And they said you cant do it with 1500 dollars..... they could eat a pack of......

post-124235-0-52846500-1410142159_thumb.

or you could keep the 770 and do this:

You already have a psu to handle this system btw.

Don't forget to use ramdisk.

Use the m.2 drive as boot drive and 1 or 2 other programs no more.

Use the seagate drive for your mains stuff. I chose this drive because it is a enterprise drive, it would last longer, which should decrease the probability of you getting a bad drive. It should be a while before you replace it too.

This gpu hype don't fall for it, in rendering anything above a 760 gives you marginal benefit, this includes the titan black (15 percent gain in adobe primier over gtx 760). You would make up with a 30 percent increase with the 6 core vs the 4core. I think this config would be better than a big gpu and 4 cores for video editing.

In gaming the gtx 770 should give you max frames at 1080 for most games.

This a small form factor build btw.

Don't forget to over-clock, you should be safe with a 4.4 ghz (on 6 cores) over-clock with the noctua dh15.

And they said you cant do it with 1500 dollars..... they could eat a pack of......

Thank you for the detailed list , I will definitely take a look  

The 4th sucks you should get a 4930K

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W