My GTX 780's Reach 80 °C In-game ! is it okay?

Cleaning your case probably wont increase much airflow but its still something you should be doing!
Also you might want to invest in a larger case with better airflow and keep your computer in a well ventalated area ( door and widows for fresh air )

Cleaning your case probably wont increase much airflow but its still something you should be doing!
Also you might want to invest in a larger case with better airflow and keep your computer in a well ventalated area ( door and widows for fresh air )

Good thing those Nvidia cards still run cooler and quieter than the AMD variants!

The GTX 480 was hotter, louder and had a higher TDP.

you're right the air flow is crap and i'm considering getting a new case and a motherboard ( ATX ), with water cooling for both CPU and GPU which case do you prefer ? 

You have the reference card... usually they run hotter than other coolers and, if you water cool them, it would be amazing.

I personally quite like the Phanteks Enthoo Pro, NZXT S340 and Corsair 450D.

Definitely this^. But it depends on how much stuff you want to put there... you can have one reservoir and a big ass radiator on the top, with the Pro for example.

what about the NZXT 820 ?

If you need that much space I guess it's a good choice.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Don't worry about it, my PNY GTX 780 hits 80C all the time it's GPU boost doing it's thing.

YOU BLEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry about it, my PNY GTX 780 hits 80C all the time it's GPU boost doing it's thing.

Back when men were men and GPUs were GPUs we didn't have "GPU Boost" stupid gimmick.

Back when men were men and GPUs were GPUs we didn't have "GPU Boost" stupid gimmick.

I would probably want GPU Boost on a GTX 480 to prevent the thing from hitting 90c, I've never felt so close to owning a harrier jump jet in my life.

YOU BLEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I would probably want GPU Boost on a GTX 480 to prevent the thing from hitting 90c, I've never felt so close to owning a harrier jump jet in my life.

My GTX 480 goes up to 100c and runs just fine still today. More heat more performance more framerates.

My GTX 480 goes up to 100c and runs just fine still today. More heat more performance more framerates.

Yikes I'm scared of my GTX 780 going above 80.

YOU BLEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Yikes I'm scared of my GTX 780 going above 80.

Fermi was really hot and it's just fine it's within nvidia spec. People have been all to paranoid about thermals since nvidia introduced that GPU boost crap because their cards were breaking to much and RMAs were abundant and killing them financially. "Green Light" and in turn "GPU Boost" are the stupidest things ever .... A really step back for enthusiast/gamers.

Remember it all matters with accordance of ambient room temperature. So if your ambient is 22 that's about a good temp, however if your ambient is 11 then the difference gap is quite high. So as long as your load Temps doesn't get too high of a difference is good.

it looks like there a bit close together one could be choking the other a bit of possible you should use a pci slot thats a bit farther away from the other but realy 80 degrees isnt that bad watch out if they get hotter though because they can start to throttle

it looks like there a bit close together one could be choking the other a bit of possible you should use a pci slot thats a bit farther away from the other but realy 80 degrees isnt that bad watch out if they get hotter though because they can start to throttle

Well when there is a few amount of slots like micro motherboard form factors you'll run into situations like that. And I think he has a microatx if I'm not mistaken.

For OP, if you can try to have an exhaust fan on panel.

you're right the air flow is crap and i'm considering getting a new case and a motherboard ( ATX ), with water cooling for both CPU and GPU which case do you prefer ? 

I highly recommend the Corsair 760T by far one of the best cases and I had tons of fun building my system in it. Plenty of room for anything and amazing airflow. Also is your current system a system builder prebuilt? I've only seen that bridge on glamour shots of systems made by digital storm and maingear on twitter or facebook. 

edit: is this it? http://www.maingear.com/custom/desktops/f131/index.php 

Don't buy prebuilts man they are a huge waste of money and you're far better off building your own. If you're afraid of building a pc it really isnt hard at all, it's literally like just putting a bunch of lego pieces together. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

It's normal that they hit 80°. The fan profile is somewhat designed to do this just to have some silence, regardless of what speed I'm putting my AP181's on they always hit 80°. At 75° the fan speed is around 35% but once it starts hitting 80° the fans ramp up to 45-50%. They always hit 80° at full load though.

Unless you move to water cooling 80 is normal. I have a setup with 3 titans, (they are pretty much 780's TI just with 6gb VRAM), 3 have three fans surrounding them and they still hit 80. They also still hit 80 when I was bench testing the cards before I put them in the case even with a fan to blow cool air between them. I found the edges of the cards to the touch to be quite toasty so I think a side fan is necessary to allow air between them in air cooled SLI setups using double slot cards anyways.  

you are completely right my friend, I will invest in a larger case. And i just cleaned it thanks