G5ive

Shawy

Dang, that's a serious bummer man. Maybe you could use a thinner rad in the front instead of changing the res. Idk how much more expensive that would be though... 

There's no way I'm changing the radiator, it results in amazing temps. I could lose a set of fans and just run push instead of push-pull, I'll have to have a play around with different set ups once my waterblocks arrive.

There's no way I'm changing the radiator, it results in amazing temps. I could lose a set of fans and just run push instead of push-pull, I'll have to have a play around with different set ups once my waterblocks arrive.

Ya, I think going just pull on the rad wouldn't be good for it being so thick. Well good luck with this man, i'm looking forward to see it with the upgraded gpu's!

AMD FX-8350 OC to 4.5ghz      Evga gtx 660       SilverStone FT03      Samsung 840 128gb  

There shouldn't be much of a performance decrease just running Pull. Give it a shot. Kind of a bummer for all of us 

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

Linus tested the differences between running a push pull, and just a pull. The results showed that it wasn't worth it to use two fans. Try for just pull!

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Ya, I think going just pull on the rad wouldn't be good for it being so thick. Well good luck with this man, i'm looking forward to see it with the upgraded gpu's!

There shouldn't be much of a performance decrease just running Pull. Give it a shot. Kind of a bummer for all of us 

Linus tested the differences between running a push pull, and just a pull. The results showed that it wasn't worth it to use two fans. Try for just pull!

Stunning!

If I use just one set of fans they would be in push - the radiator is already as far forward as it will fit inside the case due to the screws in the front of the case. Linus only tested with a 30mm thick rad, whereas I'm using an 80mm thick rad so there is a few degrees difference - especially when running my fans at 6V. Plus it's nice to have the redundancy of push/pull, I've already killed one fan controller and was able to still use my PC with just 2 fans running, whereas if I were running just 3 fans I could've lost them all.

Having said that, I'm still unsure as what I'll actually end up doing. I already have a shorter reservoir tube which I might end up going with just for a quick fix so I can just swap the cards out nice and simply.

That crooked res bothers the crap out of me... otherwise awesome!

Anything built with screws is meant to be disassembled.

That crooked res bothers the crap out of me... otherwise awesome!

I straightened it out using a piece of tubing between the rad and reservoir after the pictures. The res might be swapped out for a smaller one soon though.

Damn that's amazing!

And maybe in a few years you can build a rig in the new cylinder case =D

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Damn that's amazing!

The one that looks like the dust collector out of my Dyson? :D

Nice work on this build. I like seeing Apple cases abused and misused :D

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Darn you beat me to it :D  Got a G5 Case standing in my room right now, waiting to get modded.

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

Damn that's amazing!

Darn you beat me to it :D  Got a G5 Case standing in my room right now, waiting to get modded.

One of the new Mac Pro's with a Zalman reserator maybe...?

And, Elbstrand, what are you waiting for? :p

And, Elbstrand, what are you waiting for? :P

Who got time these days? :P

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

Who got time these days? :P

As a recently graduated student without a job.. Me. :)

As a matter of fact I had this morning free to fit my new GPU blocks while watching this weeks livestream. Could Linus and the mods not wait until I was finished before showcasing my build?! :(

u07KZjz.jpg

As a matter of fact I had this morning free to fit my new GPU blocks while watching this weeks livestream. Could Linus and the mods not wait until I was finished before showcasing my build?! :(

First world problems, am I right?!

The build looks absolutely amazing and that rad... wow :)

One thing I have to point out is the res is slightly crooked, I'm guessing that's because it was a tight fit with the graphics cards - so it should be fine if you use a res that ends below the graphics cards. I just thought I'd mention it incase you hadn't seen it

Can't wait to see it with the new graphics cards and when it is finished :)

First world problems, am I right?!

The build looks absolutely amazing and that rad... wow :)

One thing I have to point out is the res is slightly crooked, I'm guessing that's because it was a tight fit with the graphics cards - so it should be fine if you use a res that ends below the graphics cards. I just thought I'd mention it incase you hadn't seen it

Can't wait to see it with the new graphics cards and when it is finished :)

Haha :p thanks, I didn't notice it when I took the pictures, but once I bought it back inside I noticed and used some tubing between the radiator and reservoir to straighten it up. You're right though, it's so tight I'm having to use a shorter res when the 680s go in (probably on tuesday as I have to wait for some more tubing).

Dude, That just looks amazing!!!! :wub:  :wub:

My youtube channel: itsMrN

Where did you get the money for this beast? Where is all my monies  :(

Worked in a supermarket for 3 years while in college and I can earn £50-£100 for juggling performances/workshops while at University. Not to mention I didn't pay full price for any of my components - everything was either second hand or on sale.

Dude, That just looks amazing!!!! :wub:  :wub:

Thanks, make sure to stay posted for the actual finished pictures later this week!

Damn that's amazing!

I wish! It looks as though Apple have fully customised the new chassis to accommodate nothing but their new hardware..

It's a shame the new case isn't so 'mod friendly' in the way that it wont support an ATX motherboard in any orientation, and that it will only support the Apple motherboard as it comes directly from apple...

The G5 was a awesome idea, looks great.

CPU: Intel i7-7700k @4.8 Ghz Motherbord: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: GeIL Super Luce 32GB 2400MHz | Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition |
 | SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB M.2 | Power Supply: Corsair HX850i 850W Platinum Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass |

CPU Block: Phanteks Glacier C350i GPU Block: Phanteks Full Cover GTX 1080 | GPU Back Plate: EK Full Cover EK-FC1080 GTX | Reservoir: EK RES X3 250 |
| Radiator: EK CoolStream SE 360 Slim Triple Rad | Pump: EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM Pump Plexi Tubing: EK DuraClear 8/8ID 1/2OD Tubing |
Coolant: Mayhems Non Stain Blue Dye + Distilled Water | Fittings: EK ACF 10/13mm Compression fittings black Fans: Corsair HD120 RGB & Phanteks PH-F120SP |

Monitor: 2x Samsung s34e790c (34" 21:9 3440x1440) Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma RGB  | Mouse: Razer Mamba Chroma RGB Mouse Pad: TSM Grunge |
Headset: Logitech G930 Wheel: Logitech G920 |

sweet rig

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

The G5 was a awesome idea, looks great.

nice

sweet rig

dope looks great nice gob =D

Thanks guys, new tubing should be here tomorrow to finish the build.