G5ive

Shawy

Agreed. I'll happily sacrifice a few degrees if it gets me a neater loop. Especially on GPU

blocks water cooling gives you so much thermal overhead (usually) that it really doesn't

matter that much to lose a bit of cooling performance. If your temperatures are so close

to the limit that you really need those last few degrees then you're either doing some sort

of bench competition or your loop is simply not designed adequately IMO.

BTW: Like the build, the double mirror window is a very nice touch. :)

Exactly! The general gamer/enthusiast wont suffer at all from a couple of degrees - the heat wave this summer has made my temps rise 5-8°C but I'm still no where near uncomfortable levels. If 1 or 2 degrees will push you to the limits, you definitely need to replan your whole loop.

That looks AMAZINGLY SICKLY AWESOME

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

• 2 weeks later...

Killing me softly

Love that mirror look

Thumbs up, all the way

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

Amazing. I too am about to embark on a G5 build. Hopefully it turns! Yours is amazing!!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Very good work. These were such Incredible cases for their time,they still hold up today. Very deep build, You filled that case up perfectly! The plasti dip really does look nice. If you put it on thick with multiple layers, It peels right off if you don't like it. That being said, your case looks great just as it is. We modders have a problem that the only way we can quit fiddling with stuff is to get a new project. :)

This build is just stunning.  This build, plus other builds I've seen, has inspired me to mod my own G5 mod.  I was just wondering though - how exactly did you mount your PSU into the case?  I don't want mine to slide around when I move it.  I've had people suggest using velcro, but that doesn't sound quite as elegant (or permanent).

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

Thanks for the comments guys!

TK, here's a picture of the mount I used. It was originally the harddrive bay mount but I cut out a hole for the PSU fan and drilled a couple of holes to mount the PSU to it via the fan and original PSU screws. Then the frame screws back into the back side panel of the case. Good luck with your build!

0JhJQLK.jpg?1

Thanks for the comments guys!

TK, here's a picture of the mount I used. It was originally the harddrive bay mount but I cut out a hole for the PSU fan and drilled a couple of holes to mount the PSU to it via the fan and original PSU screws. Then the frame screws back into the back side panel of the case. Good luck with your build!

0JhJQLK.jpg?1

Thanks man!

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).