Seagate or WD green?

sup guys, quick question.
I'm looking for a 3tb Steam drive to store all my games with. should I grab a wd green 3tb drive or a 3tb Seagate drive? both are the same price
here are the two drives i'm looking at:

WD30EZRX

ST3000DM001

could you guys maybe give me a w/r comparison and some personal experience with the companies?

Barracdua

My personal experience is I've had my current Barracuda for almost three years and it has performed flawlessly.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Barracdua

My personal experience is I've had my current Barracuda for almost three and it has performed flawlessly.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

damn Megadave, that is a nice Jackson guitar, is it a USA custom shop? 
​I envy your guitars dude, although I'm more of a warrior shape kinda guy.

Alright I think i'll go with the cuda considering I just realized the wd is only 5400rpm, thanks guys

Alright I think i'll go with the cuda considering I just realized the wd is only 5400rpm, thanks guys

Thanks

The Soloist and King V are both USA made, but not by their custom shop. I believe, however, that going the custom shop route is the only way to get a Soloist like that today. The black Jackson is a Japanese made Dinky.

That's cool that you mention BCRich as I used to own a Mockingbird too.

Green gets my vote. Mine has been going strong for over 4 years.

Linus uses WD Greens....LOTS of them.

It isn't 5400 rpm, it's intellirpm.

This means that when required, it will spin up to 7200 rpm but otherwise it will run at 5400 rpm. This helps save a little power and increase the longevity of the drive.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

By "store steam games" do you mean local backup or for running the games off of?

For the prior; green - for the latter; Barracuda.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Hi there Disillumination,

If you want to store your games( local backup), I would totally agree with That Norwegian Guy and say that the WD Green will be a good fit. It runs cool and quiet, which results in an increased lifespan.

Cheers,

D_Know_WD

WD Representative

www.wdc.com