got an idea i need help!

jameshumphries47
Go to solution Solved by DigitalHermit,

Try looking around for something that is supported in Linux natively...

I'm not too sure about the drivers included in the distros so I can't exactly comment accurately....

okay so im going to make a nas using a raspberry pi and a bunch of externals, and a small one with just one external HDD for music in the car so i can play it through my phone! how could i make it so my Ipod connects to a wifi connection to the raspberry PI, not so i can connect the internet but so i can connect to it, abit like what go pros use! what do i need to buy to make this possible!

Thanks

~James

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Car cellphone charger rated 5V 2A (to power the Pi), the Pi, a Class 8 SD card (for the OS), usb hub and wifi dongle...

Not sure about the software but you may need to jailbreak your iPhone to get the needed software installed onto it..

Car cellphone charger rated 5V 2A (to power the Pi), the Pi, a Class 8 SD card (for the OS), usb hub and wifi dongle...

Not sure about the software but you may need to jailbreak your iPhone to get the needed software installed onto it..

hmm i think i may use battery packs so its movable! so a wifi dongle will sort it out then right? 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

hmm i think i may use battery packs so its movable! so a wifi dongle will sort it out then right? 

It might... You might want to read up more on the software side of things... That's the hard part of your project...

It might... You might want to read up more on the software side of things... That's the hard part of your project...

okay thanks alot dude! if push comes to shove im learning C# so i can code something up! 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

this look okay?  http://www.amazon.co.uk/DIGIFLEX-Wireless-Internet-Adaptor-300Mbps/dp/B003BK8AOO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1409843178&sr=8-2&keywords=wifi+dongle

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

Try looking around for something that is supported in Linux natively...

I'm not too sure about the drivers included in the distros so I can't exactly comment accurately....