Ram Boosters / Optimizers useful or not?

I've got a windows 8 laptop with 4gb ram. Naturally, I get worried about this low amount when usage goes to 60-70 percent (or even higher if I'm doing some video editing etc). When I use ram-boosting software such as "MzRamBooster" it does make a difference in terms of usage (cuts about 15%-20% usage).

So my main question would be: Are these ram boosting softwares useful in increasing performance of computers?

Nope. If you ever reach 100% usage, which is unlikely if you don't do any kind of editing, just buy a bigger kit.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

"If a product is free, you are the product" -bradscoolio

These "ram boosters" you speak of only disable non used processes and services and then install bloatware, malware and various other bad things. I personally would do a fresh install of windows after having such dodgy software on my pc.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

"If a product is free, you are the product" -bradscoolio

These "ram boosters" you speak of only disable non used processes and services and then install bloatware, malware and various other bad things. I personally would do a fresh install of windows after having such dodgy software on my pc.

Makes sense, I got rid of it but I don't think cnets software would spread malware (no matter how useless the software may be).

Thanks guys!  ;)

These are crap programs that does nothing beside hurt performance.

Windows Vista and up has an excellent memory management system. Let Windows do it's things. It knows what to do if you are in low RAM amount. Things won't crap out on you.

Makes sense, I got rid of it but I don't think cnets software would spread malware (no matter how useless the software may be).

Thanks guys!  ;)

The software on CNET isn't policed or uploaded be CNET themselves. It's all freeware uploaded by anyone with an internet connection :/

It's riddled with viruses beyond belief.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |