ModMic Settings

Ethan97

Hi I recived my ModMic from Antlion Audio andit works fine just im having trouble adjusting it in Realtek Audio Manager then I use Audacity to test record my voice to hear how it sounds and the deault format setting is 16Bits, 44100Hz (CD QUALITY) and tbh that sounds like butt it sounds heavy dull and tinny but when I changed the format up to 16Bits, 96000Hz(STUDIO QUALITY) my voice was way more clearer and not blured out it was sharp but I had my dB set to 20.0dB for the microphone boost and the recording volume at 100 but the it picks up really loud background static for some reason im not an Audiophile so I don' know anything about this so I reduced the recording volume down the static was less loud but so was my voice I really need help with this because I don't want my Mic sounding like butt to someone on skype or Comms or something else, So I need help on configuring my ModMic's FORMAT, dB MIC BOOST (if I need it), and the RECORDING VOLUME oh also what about PLAYBACK VOLUME do I need to have that up?

thanks

• 5 months later...

but I had my dB set to 20.0dB for the microphone boost and the recording volume at 100 but the it picks up really loud background static for some reason im not an Audiophile so I don' know anything about this so I reduced the recording volume down the static was less loud but so was my voice I really need help with this because I don't want my Mic sounding like butt to someone on skype or Comms

Yeah, I had the same problem. I heard great reviews about this microphone from Tek Snydicate's video about it, but once I used it my friends were complaining that in skype it seemed like a high quality mic with STATIC. I had to go back to my logitech g930's while I tried to figure out how to fix it.

For me the sweet spot is a boost of +10dB and a recording volume of around 50-55. Leave noise suppression and acoustic echo cancellation off (I have only noticed those two things making it worse.) as for format I am unable to tell a difference between the default CD format, DVD, and studio (I am only using skype's echo call service to test the static though. Unlike an audacity recording its not high quality audio that I am hearing played back.)

This does bring me to another point though. Skype WILL override your settings in realtek hd audio manager (or windows settings.) To fix this you must go into the general settings, then click on audio, and then uncheck "Automatically adjust microphone settings."

Your mic audio will be low. Speak normally when you test it and get the static to they can't hear me ratio to acceptable levels. For me that means no one will hear me in planet side over skype due to the unending explosions of the damn tanks that keep flanking us.

Good luck. PS if you find a good way to stop air from the nose from spiking the mic let me know. That is the only thing killing me. I have to breathe through my mouth.  :angry:

Yeah, I had the same problem. I heard great reviews about this microphone from Tek Snydicate's video about it, but once I used it my friends were complaining that in skype it seemed like a high quality mic with STATIC. I had to go back to my logitech g930's while I tried to figure out how to fix it.

For me the sweet spot is a boost of +10dB and a recording volume of around 50-55. Leave noise suppression and acoustic echo cancellation off (I have only noticed those two things making it worse.) as for format I am unable to tell a difference between the default CD format, DVD, and studio (I am only using skype's echo call service to test the static though. Unlike an audacity recording its not high quality audio that I am hearing played back.)

This does bring me to another point though. Skype WILL override your settings in realtek hd audio manager (or windows settings.) To fix this you must go into the general settings, then click on audio, and then uncheck "Automatically adjust microphone settings."

Your mic audio will be low. Speak normally when you test it and get the static to they can't hear me ratio to acceptable levels. For me that means no one will hear me in planet side over skype due to the unending explosions of the damn tanks that keep flanking us.

Good luck. PS if you find a good way to stop air from the nose from spiking the mic let me know. That is the only thing killing me. I have to breathe through my mouth.  :angry:

Can you not thread necro plz? I appreciate you joining the forums to try to help out, but this thread was from 5 months ago...

Can you not thread necro plz? I appreciate you joining the forums to try to help out, but this thread was from 5 months ago...

Way to make the forums a great place. Keep up the good work. I'm sure more people will want to join this community after reading your post.

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

Way to make the forums a great place. Keep up the good work. I'm sure more people will want to join this community after reading your post.

Thread necro is frowned upon in basically all forums.

-snip-

Really? That's too bad man, in my case I use the noise cancellation then add 10db and my ModMic sounds really clean.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

OK, no need to necro the thread, and absolutely no need to start attacking other members about pointing it out. Back seat moderating is not permitted (please use the report function instead), but nor are personal attacks.

HTTP/2 203