AIO Water Cooler for switch 810

So im making a trip to a micro center in the next few days cause a 3770k is $100 below newegg price. So im going to make a few upgrades to my system at the same time. I will probably pick up a switch 810 and an AIO cooler for the CPU. I was wondering what would be better a h220 for h110? Also I have a h80 right now and I was wondering if if I could mod the thick radiator to work with the h220 which could be beast. Also I really don't need a full size tower for my rig but I just feel like the build quality is better than the mid towers I have bought in the past. If anyone can recommend a better case that could fit either cooler for $200 or less I would definitely consider it. It could be full or mid size. Thanks for the help, I work 60+ hours a week and don't have as much time as I used to for keeping up on products and tech.

You can get a 3770K $100 below Newegg's price?....I need a local microcenter.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The H220 is expandable so you can add a gpu block and more rads in the future, but the h110 has a duel 140mm radiator that can cause some case incompatibility but has better cooling than a 120mm.  This is the  LTT video on it 

The h220 would probably be a better choice, but as other threads on the forum have said, it probably isnt the best idea to be upgrading it. If you really want to get into watercooling, do a full custom loop. A Corsair c70 could be a good choice for a case, and that's what Linus uses as his thermal test bench. 

You can get a 3770K $100 below Newegg's price?....I need a local microcenter.

Yes they are $229  :)

So im making a trip to a micro center in the next few days cause a 3770k is $100 below newegg price. So im going to make a few upgrades to my system at the same time. I will probably pick up a switch 810 and an AIO cooler for the CPU. I was wondering what would be better a h220 for h110? Also I have a h80 right now and I was wondering if if I could mod the thick radiator to work with the h220 which could be beast. Also I really don't need a full size tower for my rig but I just feel like the build quality is better than the mid towers I have bought in the past. If anyone can recommend a better case that could fit either cooler for $200 or less I would definitely consider it. It could be full or mid size. Thanks for the help, I work 60+ hours a week and don't have as much time as I used to for keeping up on products and tech.

I have a CM storm Stryker and i love it..If you want a black case look at the Storm Trooper..

Yes they are $229  :)

No fair.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Does anyone know if I would be able to add my 120 rad from the h80 to the loop? if I can do that they im getting the h220 100%. Im looking at a white case probable cause i have white peripherals and a white desk.

Does anyone know if I would be able to add my 120 rad from the h80 to the loop? if I can do that they im getting the h220 100%. Im looking at a white case probable cause i have white peripherals and a white desk.

you cant expand the H80, but if you want maximum expandability you should get one of these. www.frozencpu.com/products/16891/ex-wat-219/XSPC_Raystorm_750_RS240_Extreme_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_New_Rev_4_Pump_Included_w_Free_Dead-Water.html?tl=g30c321s1310#blank

one of the very few perks of living in New York City

I live 5miles from a microcenter and a Frys...  :D 

well to date, it looks like there is a supply issue on the H220. so if you need something

now.. the Tt extreme 2.0 (240x38) is pretty good out of the box and uses a standard

PWM fan to function with provided software. so there is room to upgrade if needed.

if looking to use a custom loop, save the cash on AIO and put that into a proper custom

loop. unless you plan on making other builds, then an AIO and progress into a custom

loop build.

airdeano

well to date, it looks like there is a supply issue on the H220. so if you need something

now.. the Tt extreme 2.0 (240x38) is pretty good out of the box and uses a standard

PWM fan to function with provided software. so there is room to upgrade if needed.

if looking to use a custom loop, save the cash on AIO and put that into a proper custom

loop. unless you plan on making other builds, then an AIO and progress into a custom

loop build.

airdeano

supply isnt a problem, microcenter has plenty.

the switch 810 has good build quality?

I heard from several people that theirs are rattley plastic boxes.

If you want to put the h80 rad with your h220 you need to:

-find out the barb size if it doesn't use g1/4 inch threads (i assume it doesn't)

-if it doesn't match the h220, you need new fittings (does the h220 use g1/4 fittings?) OR inline tubing reduces with two sizes of tubing

-Get distilled water to flush the h220 and h80 fully

-buy new coolant (must have corrosion inhibitor)

-buy new tubing

-potentially buy a reservoir

It's messy and half-arsed tbh

I would prefer if the quality on my switch 810 was better but NZXT has really good customer support.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

If you want to put the h80 rad with your h220 you need to:

-find out the barb size if it doesn't use g1/4 inch threads (i assume it doesn't)

-if it doesn't match the h220, you need new fittings (does the h220 use g1/4 fittings?) OR inline tubing reduces with two sizes of tubing

-Get distilled water to flush the h220 and h80 fully

-buy new coolant (must have corrosion inhibitor)

-buy new tubing

-potentially buy a reservoir

It's messy and half-arsed tbh

The H220 pump and rad have fixed swivel fittings designed for 3/8" ID tubing, the H80 rad has fixed barbs and I don't know the size but it's a fair bit smaller than 3/8".

the H-series use 1/4" barbs with a heat shrink to clamp the hose.

airdeano