h105 question - pump and fan speed

Go to solution Solved by Faceman,

The motherboard in question has 2 cpu fan headers (cpu fan / cpu optional). The pump is in the cpu fan header, the fans are plugged in the cpu optional header.

Is the correct way to run the h105 cooler to have the pump at full speed all the time and the fans on the radiator to fluctuate depending on temp???   Or should i sync the pump and fans at the same speed???

I personally like to have my Pump and Fans independent of one another.  You shouldn't run the pump at max speed, but close to it.  Like 80-90%.  Then set your fan to whatever you feel comfortable with.

The motherboard in question has 2 cpu fan headers (cpu fan / cpu optional). The pump is in the cpu fan header, the fans are plugged in the cpu optional header.

Is the correct way to run the h105 cooler to have the pump at full speed all the time and the fans on the radiator to fluctuate depending on temp???   Or should i sync the pump and fans at the same speed???

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

I personally like to have my Pump and Fans independent of one another.  You shouldn't run the pump at max speed, but close to it.  Like 80-90%.  Then set your fan to whatever you feel comfortable with.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I have my h100i running with the pump constant and the fans fluctuating. I don't know if that is optimal but it isn't loud and keeps the CPU cool.

Thanks for the replys. Ill try having the pump constant and the fans fluctuating.

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.