AMD Discusses Next Gen FX CPUs, 20nm GPUs, 5-Way CrossfireX, FreeSync & DDR4

We're gonna need a bigger case...

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware

So how long until AMD becomes the choice for enthusiasts again... 3 years, 5 years, 15, never?

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Notice how they say unannounced, those crazy sons of b****es are actually going to do it arent they?!

-cries about future of humanity-

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

So how long until AMD becomes the choice for enthusiasts again... 3 years, 5 years, 15, never?

I'm hoping for 3, I just want more choice and, if nothing else, the illusion of competition. 

They just seem to be in a horrible place with their CPU's.  they can't afford the R+D required to design from scratch a better CPU and they are almost at he limits of their current design.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Oh AMD....

Intel is spending billions in research and flexing their science muscle..you guys are shoving a square peg in a round hole like Jeremy Clarkson screaming "MORE POWER!!!!".. 5 way crossfire, pffffftahaha. There is a bit of charm in AMD's lunacy, I'll give them that.

They don't have a lot of money

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

They don't have a lot of money

exactly, as the old saying goes: "you need money to make money".  AMD can't make a better CPU unless they invest in R+D.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

True, a regular gamer would see no benefit, but that doesn't mean it isn't awesome that they are pushing the technology forward. If 5-way becomes a reality, maybe it will help them make 2-way, 3-way, and 4-way more efficient and have a smoother performance curve, rather than the current plateau at 3-way.

Well certainly it's not a good price to performance value (of course we have no idea how 5-way will run - we can guess, but it's just guessing), but this is not for regular gamers. 5-way would be for balls to the wall uber builds.

Why would you want 3 295x2's? I suppose they would consume less power than six R9 290/290x's, but six (or even five) single cards would be cheaper by a fair margin, easily allowing you to get the necessary size of PSU with the remainder.

Plus, perhaps it is a technical limitation? They have figured out 5-way, and maybe they couldn't do 6-way until 5-way was proven?

There are no motherboards in existence that can support six discreet GPUs that are multi-slot. Maybe 5-way at the most.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

There are no motherboards in existence that can support six discreet GPUs that are multi-slot. Maybe 5-way at the most.

PCIe extensions :3

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

I don't see the point in 5-way Crossfire, there is little performance boost from going from 3-way to 4-way so I doubt that 5-way would be any better. They're better off investing in a new CPU architecture for enthusiast chips. 

You don't see Intel refreshing a 2-year-old architecture either. An i3, of all things, beats the FX-8350 in single threaded workloads. If I was AMD, I would be ashamed about that.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I'm glad AMD is at least trying.

But with Intel moving onto 14nm process...I don't think AMD will ever get to be high-end.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

exactly, as the old saying goes: "you need money to make money".  AMD can't make a better CPU unless they invest in R+D.

What is R+D

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Im still excited about the new FX cpu´s upcomming 2016.

I think im not going to invest anymore in my current system.

I definitely going to wait till 2016. and see what unlocked skylake vs new AMD FX is going to bring.

If AMD can create a FX cpu which performs close to an unlocked skylake cpu, for allot less money.

I will definitely go AMD again.

They dont have to beat intel for me.

The reason why i use AMD is because they are great with Virtualization.

Intel does not offer anything great for virtualization, for a payable price.

What is R+D

Research and development

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Research and development

Thank you.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

• 3 months later...

5x r9 290x + improved Xfire + mantel = 3 monitor 4k gaming?

The longer AMD waits to release new GPUs they lose potential customers with all the people who are too impatient to wait. Especially with people spending there holiday cash impulsively. They should release the new cards before Christmas even if there is limited availability.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

Please don't necro threads.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking