Can MCP50X be installed on this Pump/Res/Rad?

Go to solution Solved by BramSLI1,

No, it can't be. These new pumps aren't based on the Laing DDC design. These are our own in-house designed pumps and they aren't compatible with tops or reservoirs specifically designed for the Laing DDC. The only exception that I'm aware of to this is our own MCP35X reservoir. I hope this answers your question.

Can an mcp50x be installed on this radiator/pump/reservoir? It says all MCP35 series pumps (mcp355,mcp350,mcp35b,mcp35x) can be, however it does not say the mcp50x can be, but maybe it is outdated?

• 3 weeks later...

No, it can't be. These new pumps aren't based on the Laing DDC design. These are our own in-house designed pumps and they aren't compatible with tops or reservoirs specifically designed for the Laing DDC. The only exception that I'm aware of to this is our own MCP35X reservoir. I hope this answers your question.

Phenom II 1090T @ 4.0, 8 gigs of Kingston Hyper X 1600Mhz, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7, EVGA GTX 680 Hydro Copper, OCZ Vertex 4, Switch 810 gloss black, Swiftech Apogee HD, Swiftech MCR 320 XP, Swiftech MCR 140 QP, Swiftech 220 XP, Swiftech MCP 655 B, Alphacool D5 pump top, Bitspower Z-inline 150 water tank, EK 990FXA-UD7 water block, Swiftech Lok-Seal fittings, Swiftech Helix 120 and 140mm fans, Primo-Chill Blood Red coolant.

Thanks, it seems the mcp35x is a more powerful overall pump anyway.