I have a question.

Puffy75

Im the only one in my whole school that knows what cpu stands for. I want to get some of my friends into computer hardware but most of them are just haveing a wonderful time drolling over Xbox one. How can I convince them into the PC master race?

A man without a filter is just chaos walking.

You have more things to do on a pc.All the features that microsoft listed for the xbox one. A Pc has been doing for a long time. You dont need to talk to your console and get spied on my Microsoft.

If they like the Xbox One, then let them. Can't make them choose PC over anything. But, you could ask what they like about the Xbox One. Turn it into a discussion.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

peer pressure, tell them all the cool kids are doing it :D

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

If you can't convince them to go PC, at least get them to get a PS4.

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Only hipsters get Xbox Ones

and Macbooks

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Tell them that COD isnt going to look like that but like the 360

Ask them what's so good about consoles, then show them the better PC equivalent.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Only hipsters get Xbox Ones

and iphones.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

and iphones.

And cheap, non double layer toilet paper.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Thanks guys I will try.

A man without a filter is just chaos walking.

my aunt does that but not because shes hipster, shes just cheap :D

my aunt does that but not because shes hipster, shes just cheap :D

Lol true this.

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Just tell them the power of PC vs Console. Better Graphics and you get to do more on a PC than a Console (word processing, image/video editing) :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Just tell them the power of PC vs Console. Better Graphics and you get to do more on a PC than a Console (word processing, image/video editing) :)

Everything you need is on a Pc

You bring them to your house

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

I wouldn't bother to convince them.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

It's like you don't even know me

Oh god all these references :) I swear any random person viewing this forum would be so confused.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

You bring them to your house

And lock them all in your basement!! Nyahahahahahahaha!!!

And organic, grown in monkey poo carrots which originate from the Eastern Borders of Africa and are just the same as all other carrots and cost 5 times a much.

Well they have to have a PC anyway for doing other stuff... instead of having a $600 PC that's kinda nice and they can browse the web and do word documents with, and a $400 console which can do some basic gaming, why not just get a $1000 PC that's really nice, and can do all their stuff and play games way better than their console, and is upgradeable in the future instead of having to get a whole new one, and doesn't have a subscription fee to use the internet.