Choosing new case: Corsair C70 vs 550D vs 330R

It's odd that the rad wouldn't clear the motherboard, it doesn't look anymore bulky than my Sabertooth does but considering how close it is with my Sabertooth it wouldn't take much to make it incompatible I did mention that though so you had fair warning. As for no rad mounting on the front of the case it's not uncommon for that in cases from 2 years ago. As far as poor airflow from the front even with the cages in I found that a good set of fans can get enough air through for my SLI system and my temps never get above 75c on either of my GPU's.

I'm not blaming you, I'm just saying it didn't fit :-) If anything, I'm blaming Corsair. I think it's really half-hearted engineering not to give just half a inch more. Also, I wouldn't call it fair warning as I expect Corsair to take things like this into consideration before mass-producing an high-end and expensive case like this. There were motherboards 2 years ago with just as large heatsinks, so it really couldn't have come as a surprise for them.

It would be easy enough to just drill your own holes to move the bottom cage though I can easily see someone not wanting to do that but it was just a thought.

I'm sure it would be but I was mentioning it as a lack of feature, which it is.

Dust filters on the top for obvious reasons, so it can be used an an intake and it really didn't take much effort to put a filter up there since it's just magnetic mesh.

Well, it must've taken a little more effort than just producing a mesh with magnet-strips on the sides. The entire fanmount area is "submerged" into the case, so it must've been something they've put some time and effort into. Also, if they didn't submerge that part into the case, I think the fan/radiator would have fit fine. However, about this being an unnecessary feature was just my opinion.

Motherboard SSD mounts are still a relatively uncommon trait in cases today, asking that of a 2 year old case is a  bit much I think.  I also would have mentioned it if that had them and since I didn't it was pretty obvious that they were not present in the 550D.

I do agree with you here though. SSDs were uncommon at the time this case came out, so that may be asking much regardless of the pricetag.

The Side panel is opened via a button, why does it need thumbscrew holders?

My bad, I was thinking about another Corsair case where it was missing (I went through 3 cases before buying the 500R).

I was disappointed that aside from the huge front panel cover the front was plastic but the plastic feels sturdy and has a nice texture to it. That however is more of a personal preference so I can't really argue that. On a side note this case is $120....where did you get it that priced it at $200.

I live in Denmark, and here the price is $197 including shipping. Electronics are almost always ~20% more expensive in Denmark.

Pull the front door in the middle and it can be opened in one pull with two fingers easily.

This was really a small matter, and I was thinking about leaving it out - but I still think it's somewhat of annoyance as my case is placed a little awkward where it requires me to sit almost directly in front of it to reach the middle part. But it's not very often i'd even use the door, so that wouldn't be a deal-breaker. Just a small annoyance :-)

I thought that about the screws as well but with the way the fans are mounted those are the only two screws that you need to use to mount the bottom fan so I didn't see it as much of an issue.  You can't mount a rad there so not being able to remove the screws easily isn't really an issue imo.

I see what you mean, but I would like to have mounted my Noctua fans with the rubber-pullthrough-thingies instead of screws. But that wasn't possible because of the scews not being removable.

You don't need more than two screws for a PSU, and there is a screw hole on the top right though. For some reason it just doesn't line up with Corsair's newer units.

Yeah, 2 screws are probably enough, but when the PSU has 4 screw holes, I'd like to use them all. I think this is just a plain flaw in the engineering of either the case or the new PSU's - either way, for me it kinda makes me think that maybe Corsair is slacking a bit and doing many things half-hearted.

But again - please don't take this as bad feedback to you. I still very much appreciate your help in picking out the case. I should've done more research before buying, so this is my (or I'd like to say Corsair's) fault if anything :)

I'm not blaming you, I'm just saying it didn't fit :-) If anything, I'm blaming Corsair. I think it's really half-hearted engineering not to give just half a inch more. Also, I wouldn't call it fair warning as I expect Corsair to take things like this into consideration before mass-producing an high-end and expensive case like this. There were motherboards 2 years ago with just as large heatsinks, so it really couldn't have come as a surprise for them.

I'm sure it would be but I was mentioning it as a lack of feature, which it is.

Well, it must've taken a little more effort than just producing a mesh with magnet-strips on the sides. The entire fanmount area is "submerged" into the case, so it must've been something they've put some time and effort into. Also, if they didn't submerge that part into the case, I think the fan/radiator would have fit fine. However, about this being an unnecessary feature was just my opinion.

I do agree with you here though. SSDs were uncommon at the time this case came out, so that may be asking much regardless of the pricetag.

My bad, I was thinking about another Corsair case where it was missing (I went through 3 cases before buying the 500R).

I live in Denmark, and here the price is $197 including shipping. Electronics are almost always ~20% more expensive in Denmark.

This was really a small matter, and I was thinking about leaving it out - but I still think it's somewhat of annoyance as my case is placed a little awkward where it requires me to sit almost directly in front of it to reach the middle part. But it's not very often i'd even use the door, so that wouldn't be a deal-breaker. Just a small annoyance :-)

I see what you mean, but I would like to have mounted my Noctua fans with the rubber-pullthrough-thingies instead of screws. But that wasn't possible because of the scews not being removable.

Yeah, 2 screws are probably enough, but when the PSU has 4 screw holes, I'd like to use them all. I think this is just a plain flaw in the engineering of either the case or the new PSU's - either way, for me it kinda makes me think that maybe Corsair is slacking a bit and doing many things half-hearted.

But again - please don't take this as bad feedback to you. I still very much appreciate your help in picking out the case. I should've done more research before buying, so this is my (or I'd like to say Corsair's) fault if anything :)

Well what happened happened, I'm glad you found a case that works for you though and I appreciate you taking the time to talk with me about the case. I always like to see another perspective and most people wouldn't have gone through the effort that you did to make your points known.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299