Amazon snatches Twitch.tv from the hands of Google

gergy008

Suprise!!!

At least we won't get awful Google+ integration!

Anyway, earlier today you probably heard about Amazon ready to do a suprise snatch of Twitch.tv as talked about here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/203915-amazon-reportedly-ready-to-snatch-twitch-away-from-google/

Well now it's confirmed!

Google was ready to buy twitch, will all the discussions and stuff I guess we were ready for it to happen. This really surprised me... I had no idea that Amazon would even be interested but now it makes so much sense!

I actually feel a little disappointed. I feel that twitch would probably do better in the hands of someone like YouTube/Google over Amazon. Amazon just don't feel... experienced enough to take on the challenge.

Then again, as per this quote: "We chose Amazon because they believe in our community, they share our values and long-term vision, and they want to help us get there faster,"

it kinda feels like Amazon might a really good guy in this new partnership.

"Today, I’m pleased to announce we’ve been acquired by Amazon. We chose Amazon because they believe in our community, they share our values and long-term vision, and they want to help us get there faster. We’re keeping most everything the same: our office, our employees, our brand, and most importantly our independence. But with Amazon’s support we’ll have the resources to bring you an even better Twitch."

Full details available of the acquisition in this link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28930781

Better luck next time, Google!

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

MEGA REPOSITAVO!!!

i hope i did it right

Edited by airdeano
nope did it all wrong

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

There's a bit of a difference between reportedly trying to acquire Twitch and it actually happening.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M