Can't get my pc working

sperkowsky
Go to solution Solved by LawrenceBarnes2013,

I mean it's simple, you just disconnect what you need to disconnect, put everything back in the new case, put all back together the way it was and it good to go, You did that right ? you didn't happen to change any thing about the Ports used or such ?

Ok so I recently did a case switch.

I switched from a nzxt phantom 410 to a corsair 800d.

The issue is ever since the switch I have not been able to get my pc to work.

To start I have windows 8.1 installed on my ssd.

When I start my pc it goes to bios and then goes to startup repair however it is windows 7 startup repair so I'm kinda confused.

I have tried switching around sata cables and such with no luck. However at one point i did get a windows 8 repair screen where it said something about my winloader being broken.

However I have yet to figure our why I got that in certain configurations.

I haven't had windows 7 on my ssd for over a year.

I would just do a full system reinstall but I can't seem to find a real windows 8 ISO anywhere since I don't have a key.

Please help I want my pc back

I mean it's simple, you just disconnect what you need to disconnect, put everything back in the new case, put all back together the way it was and it good to go, You did that right ? you didn't happen to change any thing about the Ports used or such ?

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Ok so I recently did a case switch. I switched from a nzxt phantom 410 to a corsair 800d.The issue is ever since the switch I have not been able to get my pc to work.To start I have windows 8.1 installed on my ssd.When I start my pc it goes to bios and then goes to startup repair however it is windows 7 startup repair so I'm kinda confused. I have tried switching around sata cables and such with no luck. However at one point i did get a windows 8 repair screen where it said something about my winloader being broken.However I have yet to figure our why I got that in certain configurations.I haven't had windows 7 on my ssd for over a year.I would just do a full system reinstall but I can't seem to find a real windows 8 ISO anywhere since I don't have a key.Please help I want my pc back

Heck! You've definitely got a bit of a conundrum there. What do you mean by a "real Windows 8 ISO"?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

What version of Windows 8 did you start out with? And you can use this program to recover the product key. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Sounds simple enough.

i tried to download 2 and they were both not isos just a bunch of crappy programs.

Where were you downloading it from?

i may have changed the ports. Actually I probally did

piratebay :/

There's ya problem ;). There are more safer sites to get a legitimate Windows ISO disc images from without the crap.

could I get a link ;)

Alright, just give me a minute. BTW, I meant "without" not "with". I wouldn't wanna get you another one with crap (lol).

make sure you are booting from the right HDD as the boot order may have changed.

make sure you are booting from the right HDD as the boot order may have changed.

Good point mate! :)

i did it's not the problem

switch it so the windows 7 repair thing comes up then as soons as windows starts to load mash F8 and see if you can get into safe mode. You should be able to choose not to use the wizzard.

What version of Windows 8 do you need, 8.0 or 8.1? It needs to be the version of Windows 8 you have so that you can use your existing product key.

@sperkowsky

ok

Sorry you can try this but i think it will be wrong i miss read the above you should be able to skip the windows 8 by choosing advance options when you chooses how you would like to repair the pc.

What version of Windows 8 do you need, 8.0 or 8.1? It needs to be the version of Windows 8 you have so that you can use your existing product key.

@sperkowsky

i have windows 8.1 but the problem is I don't have a product key I never did ;) so I'm kinda stuck there.

Sorry you can try this but i think it will be wrong i miss read the above you should be able to skip the windows 8 by choosing advance options when you chooses how you would like to repair the pc.

the thing is it's the windows 7 startup repair that's comming up even tho I use windows 8 and tried to mash f8 but I don't think my keyboard is actually working with it during that time

do you have another hardrive windows 7 most likely installed the bootloader to the wrong hard drive,

i have windows 8.1 but the problem is I don't have a product key I never did ;) so I'm kinda stuck there.

Oh, I see. Windows 8.1 doesn't cost that much, especially if you get an OEM version. I know you won't wanna spend the $$ but if it means helping to fix your problem then I'd say that it's money well spent. :)

g2a works well too

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.